Billy Elliot the Musical Live

thm
Miner

Re: Billy Elliot the Musical Live

Post by thm »

I said studio camera
http://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/ ... gt6Q/l.jpg
and it scares me a little that it wasn't clear to be a joke!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I'm sure you are all aware that Rob's comments were extremely tongue in cheek and never for one minute was he advocating that we sneak video of the show.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, of course we are aware that Rob and thm were joking. :D

But it's still important to stress to everyone that no photography, etc., is allowed for this show, so the discussion was a good lead-in to that reminder.

Rob and thm, please don't feel that I was picking on you. I wasn't, I promise.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

Yes, definately joking! Besides, I don't think the performance would be particularly appealing captured on someones iPhone 2 while the view is blocked by some woman with an Amy Winehouse hairdo or a man who thinks top hats are still fashionable.
The joys of live theatre lol!
ERinVA wrote:But it's still important to stress to everyone that no photography, etc., is allowed for this show, so the discussion was a good lead-in to that reminder.
You're welcome ;-)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Billy Whiz can tell you all about the hairdo experience when we went to see the Book of Mormon last May, can't you, David? :lol:
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

kport wrote:Theatres do monitor crowds for illicit use of recording equipment.
As well, if an actor notices a camera while on stage, next time they exit, they will tell stage management who will relay that to house management.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

ERinVA wrote:Billy Whiz can tell you all about the hairdo experience when we went to see the Book of Mormon last May, can't you, David? :lol:
This person sat in front of me at Book of Mormon. I posted this photo on Facebook and people said why didn't I just ask them to take their hat off. I had to explain that it was not a hat but in fact their hair. It was very annoying having to try and see BOM round their hair.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Borrobil
Ballet Girl

Post by Borrobil »

thm wrote:
rob_hanson1979 wrote:can someone please set up one of those illegal feeds online so those of us in NA can watch???
Even i'm not that stupid this is the movies your contending with, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28896675

I doubt I'll even try a bit outside the theatre as the VIPs arrive (if they go in the front). Live feeds are very difficult/poor quality in a crowd as there are too many other phones taking up the bandwidth.
~ Paul ~
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

OliverWaters wrote:I wonder why the performances on the Mondays on either side of Live are cancelled? I'd guess it's to rehearse filming the camera angles and what not, and then to dismantle all the recordiing equipment?

Reference the above and subsequent comments. After the show on Tuesday evening I was chatting to Mark Collins ( MD for the night) and he told me that the two Monday shows have been cancelled as the cast are not allowed to work seven days a week. Plus, of course, the day after the Live Show will be utilised to dismantle equipment and replace seating.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Ah, so the Sunday performance of Live will substitute for the first Monday, and the second Monday is for striking the set-up for the Live show. I wonder if there will be an extra matinee added into the week after the Live performance.
Ellen

Return to “Special Shows - London”