Billy Elliot the Musical Live

StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Re: Billy Elliot the Musical Live

Post by StevenKing »

accessmenj wrote:
Darth_Revan wrote:Do you think it's the actual DVD cover?
I like it.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Billy-Elliot-Mu ... t+live+dvd
It looks like Trent to me.
pretty sure it's Elliot...but yea it looks ALOT like the classic Trent AD pic.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

accessmenj wrote:
Darth_Revan wrote:Do you think it's the actual DVD cover?
I like it.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Billy-Elliot-Mu ... t+live+dvd
It looks like Trent to me.
It would be the absolute height of irony.....if they chose to use a Tony Award winning Billy who graced the stage both sides of the pond........as then was 'absent' from the live performance.....to use his image for the cover photo.

I have seen Elliott, and it be him.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, it's Elliott. But he does resemble Trent in that photo, I will admit.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
tzwicky
George

I thought it was Trent on first and second look.......

Post by tzwicky »

But then the other half of my brain thought, but I've never seen that photo before, and I think most here have probably seen every Billy photo ever published as a fraction are official pics and the rest taken by Forum members with scads of talent and equipment. (That's a compliment for you David, as well as others I cannot think of by name at the moment.)

So then I thought, OK it's Elliott on a flat hair day. And there's nothing to use for scale in that photo either.

But I'd bet my eyeteeth (Ooops, a think a dental person is fabricating my next ones) it's Elliott.

And I'm having to cement bits of memories with lots of published pics (and those memories are on the edges of what is possible for my brain lemme tell ya) so take it all with a grain.

But I'd agree that it's Elliott, which makes sense.

Maybe each DVD zone will get their own cover (as if). Trent would be good for the US. Elliott for Euro. One of the kids for Korea. One for Oz (or is that the same zone. Dunno who'd get other zones ..........

Since I am still Zone specific (ummmmmmm, yeah, my DVD player is kinda old like me) that would make the other zones collectible, if still not playable in my case.

Endless speculation ..... which is what BETM fans have needed from the first OCR DVD release back in 2005 (or wazzat 2006?).

Yeah, failing, even by my limited standards in the memory dept.

Maybe Dean Charles can get a cover for the DVD zone that covers wherever The Iron Throne is?

tzwicky
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Why would the cover feature any Billy besides Elliott, given that he is the Billy who performed the show?
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
tzwicky
George

Randomness?

Post by tzwicky »

I was kind of free associating as I was perusing the Forum and getting back into my computer ( I think I had screwed it up mostly on my own).

But, on the other hand, if the DVD is an outgrowth on some level of the original show, which gave birth to all shows thereafter, and the spotty promotional record of the Mother Church on many levels, I was just running on. Hyper-inflation and promotion versus the "deliberate" or "when" speed the London promotion people have always seemed to embody (to this Yank anyway).

Obviously, Elliott makes sense for the cover, though this new image (new to me anyway) might just have been another concept cover for the widest possible use online.

Who knows what a final image will be. The one I eventually buy will not be the UK DVD box which has the little 12 or 15 in a circle on the box, taking the place of our MPAA logo and rating (I assume that's what it does).

tzwicky
BillyBob
Small Boy

Post by BillyBob »

Has anyone determined if the UK Blueray disc will play on an American player? So far, I still can't find any U.S. Preorders avaliable. Just hate to pay a fortune in shipping fees.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I'm going to wait a bit. I think it will show up on Amazon US before too long.
Ellen

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Most likely the UK version will be Region B. The US is Region A.

Some Bluray players in the US are multi-regional. Check to see if yours is, or not. If not, wait for a Region A copy of BETMLive.
Yorkie
Miner

Post by Yorkie »

UK Amazon says the Blu-ray is region B so it won't play on US blu-ray players I'm afraid.

Product details

Directors: Stephen Daldry
Region: Region B/2 (Read more about DVD/Blu-ray formats.)
Number of discs: 1
Classification: To be announced
Studio: Universal Pictures UK
DVD Release Date: 24 Nov 2014
Run Time: 160 minutes
Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (13 customer reviews)
ASIN: B00NXR1EEI
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,174 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
#44 in DVD & Blu-ray > Musicals & Classical
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!

Return to “Special Shows - London”