Photo Countdown for the London Show closure

Flyin high
Small Boy

Re: Photo Countdown for the London Show closure

Post by Flyin high »

Billy Whiz wrote:David Massey has been with the show from day one and I remember him well when he was a cast member and I loved his portrayal of Posh Dad. Image
I had no idea David Massey had been a member of the cast. As someone who only discovered BETM last year, I'm really appreciating all the insightful and historical information in this thread!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s Day 65 of the Photo Countdown and today we have three more very popular young cast members. I was fortunate to see Rhys Yeomans on his debut and also his last show. This photo was taken at his last night on April 9th, 2011. Rhys was a great actor and singer but his dancing was siblime. When he left Billy Elliot he won a number of awards for his dancing as well as getting to the finals of Sky TVs Got To Dance. He is now a pupil at The English National Ballet School. Joe Massey was a firm favourite with the fans and always happy to have a few words, when allowed. He was with the show for 3½ years which I don’t think will ever be now beaten. Francesca Mango was also with the show for over 3 years. She left in 2012 but came back for a couple of months in 2013. I was also at her debut and at the intermission somebody asked me what I thought of her. I told them that I thought she was wonderful. A lady who had her back to us turned round with a big, proud, smile on her face and said “Thank you. That’s my daughter”.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s Day 64 of the Photo Countdown and today we have a Tony from “the early days”. This is Chris Lennon and he was with the show for 3 years from December, 2005. Chris always had time to have a quick chat which was, actually, how everybody was in those days

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s Day 63 of the Photo Countdown and this is one of my favourite photos. It was taken at the end of the 5th Birthday Show on March 31st, 2010 and it’s of Connor Kelly who played Michael for the Birthday Show and the other 3 Michaels who performed in the mash-up at the end of the show. There was also another boy at the end who we did not know. Little did we know that this was the first appearance of the brilliant Joe Massey. The 4 Michaels are Connor Doyle, Connor Kelly, Jake Pratt and George Maycock. Connor Kelly, Jake and George have already appeared in Countdown photos but it’s the first appearance of Connor Doyle. Connor is a talented magician and appeared on TV in a programed called Tricky TV after leaving Billy Elliot. He is now studying at Harvard in the USA – obviously a clever young man.

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

LOVE this photo! :lol:
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s Day 62 of the Photo Countdown and we have another montage of Ballet Girls. Bottom left are Ashington Girls after their last show on November 10th, 2011, along with Tall Boy, Oliver Charman, Top left are Eden Girls after their last show on November 8th, 2012 taken with Michael Peavoy who left the show 2 days later. Bottom right are Markham Girls after their last show on May 12th, 2009 along with Small Boy, Oliver Havis and Tall Boy, Nick Hockaday. Top right are Eden Girls after their last show along with their Tall Boy. Also with them is Megan Jossa (Debbie) They are left to right: Charlotte Casey, Shannon Gaskin, Dan Lewis, Polly McCarthy, Megan Jossa, Katie Lee, Louisa Barnard, Brittany Tooms-Peel, Ella Woodward, Adina-Rae Nyahwa, Grace Morrison, Rebecca Nicholas.

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s Day 61 of the Photo Countdown and we have the legendary Ryan Collinson along with the brilliant Connor Lawson and Dayna Dixon. Ryan and his family were loved by all the fans and they always found time to spend a few minutes with them. He was with Billy Elliot for nearly 18 months before leaving in September, 2012. He is now at The Urdang Academy in London. Connor Lawson was also with the show for nearly 18 months, and this photo was taken at his last show at the 7th Birthday Show on May 12th, 2012. Dayna was with the show for 2½ years and was a firm favourite with the fans. On leaving Billy Elliot she joined Matilda where she plays Hortensia.

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

It’s Day 60 of the Photo Countdown and today’s photo is of one of the nicest people to ever perform in Billy Elliot The Musical. James Gaddas made his last performance as Dad on May 31st, 2008 and this photo was taken outside the Victoria Palace after this show. James always had time for a chat and was a true gentleman. When he left he told us that he would be back for all the leaving shows of the Billys that he had performed with – and he was. For Layton’s last show he had a TV programme to record but took time off to visit Layton in his dressing room before the show started. I miss him and I’m sure I’m not alone.

StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Took me time to warm up to him...but then I watched him near end of electricity and noticed him crying watching Billy...it was wonderful to see.
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

You are not alone, David. James was a fantastic Dad and had a real emotional connection with all of his Billys. A gentleman to the core and a wonderful genuine rapport with us fans. I met him again after a panto in Leicester and we spent ages remembering his time in Billy.

Pat

Return to “Special Shows - London”