10th Birthday Show

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

10th Birthday Show

Post by Billy Whiz »

Tickets have now gone on sale for March 31st, 2015 but not May 12th. I am assuming, rightly or wrongly, that May 12th will be the 10th Birthday show.

If you are coming from abroad I would not book flights on this assumption though :D
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
tzwicky
George

I'm bad with dates .........

Post by tzwicky »

I'm quite bad with dates, especially anniversary dates, and especially when it could be exact date of first-ever performance, or the historically agreed date when the first preview versus or instead of first non-preview show occurred.

Simple query here, so what date or dates are you using as a target or range of dates?

Since I could not make it to London during my standard visit month of October, and people from South Florida should not for any reason be traveling to London in Nov., Dec., Jan., Feb. and maybe even March, due to what we Southerners call "Extremely Cold Weather," I looked, for instance on the 8-10 day period closest to April 1 and beyond to see how the seating charts looked for those nights.

(It's what separates BETM Fanatics from normal or non-OCD people. Yeah, in advance of really planning exact dates, I check seating for many, many dates before I settle on one for real.)

And, the anniversary shows can sometimes include pleasant happenings, and lots of fuss and bother. So I've not really honed in on target dates in the past several years, but tonight I am just curious.

Seems in my very spotty brain bits, an anniversary date would be sometime in May, yes? I think I was at the middle set of anniversary dates since 2005 which may have been 4th, 5th and 6th anniversary shows. As I said, I'm not big on dates, but, just wondering......

tzwicky
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: When are you going to see Billy (UK) next?

Post by ERinVA »

The two most likely dates are May 12, the date of Opening Night in 2005, which is the date that is usually considered the anniversary. But in 2010, many of us who had booked for May 12 to celebrate the 5th anniversary were sorely disappointed when the company pulled a switch and did the anniversary show on March 31, the date of the first 2005 preview, instead.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

As was reported in the 10th Birthday Show thread (link below), tickets for May 12, 2015 are not available. This is still the case today, lending suspicion that the company is reserving the entire date until it decides how big an event it will be. We just have to wait and see. :?

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... =71&t=4885
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Just to confuse matters ever further. Patc pointed out elsewhere that Wednesday, May 6th is also now not available.

I certainly would not book any flights or hotels just yet.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

March 31st 2015 (and dates around it) are listed as selling tickets as normal, which would add credence to a May date.

Could it be that two Wednesdays in May 2015 are set aside, in case one becomes compromised by an eventuality not yet envisaged? Out of an abundance of caution?
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

Billy Whiz wrote:Just to confuse matters ever further. Patc pointed out elsewhere that Wednesday, May 6th is also now not available.
There is nothing particularly significant about May 6, do I read this correctly?
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 10th Birthday Show

Post by ERinVA »

Not that we know of.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

kport wrote:Could it be that two Wednesdays in May 2015 are set aside, in case one becomes compromised by an eventuality not yet envisaged?
That was what I thought until I realised that 12th May is a Tuesday but, of course, the same possibility could still apply. I'm sure the eventual date chosen will be one that suits LH, SD and EJ.

Pat
Jamie.
Audience Member

Re: 10th Birthday Show

Post by Jamie. »

I sent the VPT BO an email and received this in regards to the 10th anniver

http://imgur.com/uXedyC7

Return to “Special Shows - London”