Billy Live Blu-ray/DVD

patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Billy Live Blu-ray/DVD

Post by patc »

I've just had a quick look at the opening scene on the Blu-ray and awesome is not a good enough word. The quality of the picture and the editing is incredible with close-ups adding so much to what we are used to. I am also delighted that it is presented in an aspect ratio of 2.20:1 and DTS giving it that cinematic look and sound. Go out quick and buy at least a 55" TV, LOL. Looking forward to watching the whole show as never seen before.

Pat
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Billy Live Blu-ray/DVD

Post by kport »

I suppose this is a good place to post reviews of the DVD/BluRay:

http://www.thepublicreviews.com/dvd-rev ... ical-live/
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

SolidarityForever
Small Boy

Post by SolidarityForever »

I got the DVD and I really can't wait to watch it! I was going to watch some scenes but no, I want to watch the full thing tonight. I'm so excited! :D
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

Tonight its unplug the phone, switch off the PC and mobile, a drink beside me, Oh! that just reminds me, I have a nice sausage roll on the landing.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Perhaps they're making sure the U.S. remains perpetually three or more years behind London by waiting to release on Amazon U.S. until 2017? C'mon now, seriously! Even though the musical is still playing on The West End, there are 64 million people in the U.K. versus 316 million people in the United States. I like your chances of making some money, Universal/Working Title/Mr. Daldry, so please announce the U.S. release ASAP! :evil: :x

-Sean

Please??? :cry:

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I just bought my DVD at Tescos. There was a whole rack of them, at 13 quid. I will watch it tonight, after I return from seeing it live at the VPT.

I might have some space for one or two extra in my suitcase when I fly back next week..........
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

xxxxxxxxxxxx NO SPOILERS XXXXXXXXXXX

I'm speechless anyway.

Like Billy, I couldn't wait, cancelled all engagements and watched it. Absolutely brilliant.

Just one comment that scenes from the "dry run" recording on the Saturday Matinee are included in it coz I recognised some heads :D (backs of).

No doubt when more people have had an opportunity to have seen it we can start putting our thoughts together.

Barry, don't forget the tissues tonight :D.

Pat
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

I'm still waiting for my copy from Amazon.
Is there any extra feature on the DVD? Behind the scenes or anything?
---
István
Yorkie
Miner

Post by Yorkie »

angelenroute wrote:Perhaps they're making sure the U.S. remains perpetually three or more years behind London by waiting to release on Amazon U.S. until 2017? C'mon now, seriously! Even though the musical is still playing on The West End, there are 64 million people in the U.K. versus 316 million people in the United States. I like your chances of making some money, Universal/Working Title/Mr. Daldry, so please announce the U.S. release ASAP! :evil: :x

-Sean

Please??? :cry:
I hear your pain Sean but it is a European release not just UK so the market is bigger than that for the US. Looking at my BLU-RAY there is nothing on it that indicates it is region locked & it includes subtitles for Mandarin, Cantonese & Thai - don't think they are in the European region.....

Not saying it isn't region locked but nothing on the packaging says it is. Anybody in the US ordered it & can test it?
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!

Return to “Special Shows - London”