MESSAGES TO THE BROADWAY CAST FOR THEIR FINAL SHOW JANUARY 8

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MESSAGES TO THE BROADWAY CAST FOR THEIR FINAL SHOW JANUARY 8

Post by ERinVA »

Keep your wonderful messages coming, folks. :D I am adding them to the booklet as they come in.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

To everyone in the Billy Broadway family:

How can I say enough to thank all of you for over three wonderful years? I first saw the show in London in 2005 and fell in love with it, so I can’t begin to tell you all how excited I was when the show came to Broadway. I was there for the first week of previews in 2008, and I’ve seen the show many times from then until now. Though I look forward to the final show on January 8 with great sadness, I know it will be a wonderful show and an experience never to be forgotten.

I am very thankful that “Billy Elliot the Musical” will continue to move the hearts of people throughout the U.S. thanks to the touring show, and I hope to see it again while it is touring. “Billy” is such a special show that I want as many people as possible to see it and love it as much as I do.

But it’s to all of you who are and/or have been part of the Broadway "Billy" experience that I send my wishes today. You are all “very @#%^ing special,” and I will continue to follow the careers of each and every one of you in the future. You have touched my heart more than you can know.

And here is my tribute to all sixteen boys who have played Billy on Broadway since October 1, 2008:

Last Show

The young man, boy no more, stands on the stage
Looking at the empty darkened house.
The crowd is gone; the show is done.
This place, his home, a home no more.

He hears a quiet voice call from the wings,
“Time to go, lad. Party to attend.”

Feeling something wet upon his cheek,
He wipes away a single tear
And steps into the future.

----Ellen Rolland
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Lovely tribute, Ellen.

Enjoy your final shows...I wish I could be there!
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

ERinVA wrote: Feeling something wet upon his cheek,
He wipes away a single tear
And steps into the future.
Beautiful tribute and message, Ellen, thank you!

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

I suppose I have been delaying putting together my thoughts because I have been in TOTAL denial about the closing. I've been enjoying David's countdown here:

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... =72&t=3191

but not paying attention to the numbers until the Christmas photo of the three original Broadway Billies and "14 days" in the lower right corner... With BETM here in DC, I was all caught up in that excitement, and the Broadway end seemed somewhere in the distant future, certainly NOT 14 days away!!! Then last night I had a dream that someone gave me the farewell "goodie bag" and I looked at the T shirt and burst into tears.

So, I am trying to come to terms with the closing...

And I would like to thank the cast, the crew, the creative team and everyone involved in bringing Billy to American audiences. I was there on opening preview night and I will be there on January 8 with very mixed emotions. Joy and gratitude for all involved in this magnificent production, and sadness to see it ending. I have made many friends through Billy Elliot - others who understand the draw of the show, and the desire to see it again and again and again. A couple of times I have taken the train or bus from Baltimore up to NYC to see a show and then head back that same day just because I could do it, and because I needed to see a show. I now wish I had taken more advantage of this opportunity.

This show is precious. As others have so eloquently stated, it speaks to something in each one of us. So I want to thank all of the people on stage and behind stage who have put their hearts and souls into giving us an unforgettable theater experience. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. You will be missed... Lots...

maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

maria wrote:This show is precious.
Yes it is.

Thank you, maria, for your heartfelt message.
Ellen

Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

I've kind of been hoping the ending date would somehow never arrive, so I wouldn't have to think of any messages along the lines of a "farewell," but here's my two cents worth:

I had always been just a casual fan of musical theater until this show came along. But after just a couple of viewings, I knew I had stumbled onto something special. Where else can you find something that makes you laugh, cry, and shake your head in amazement at what you're seeing up on the stage ? I honestly believe that the performers in this show are among the best in their craft, with the kids being nothing short of amazing at what they're able to do at such a young age.

Along with the performances themselves, what I'll also take away from my experience of seeing "Billy Elliot" on Broadway is how the cast has gone above and beyond at giving back to the fans. From their willingness to sign autographs, pose for pictures, and visit with fans at the stage door after shows - all the way to special treats like backstage tours and workshops - I've had the pleasure of meeting some of the nicest, most down-to-earth people in show business. Rest assured that your extra efforts were worth it all, as it's all gone together to make memories for fans which will last a lifetime.

I wish nothing but success and happiness in your future projects and whatever life brings your way, and I look forward to hopefully seeing many of these talented performers sometime down the road. The love you have for performing, for this show, and for each other shone through at every performance I attended. It all added up to what - for me - was the best Broadway show I've ever seen.

God Bless,

Todd Estes
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for adding your message, Todd. It does all add up, doesn't it?
Ellen

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Reminder: The deadline for messages to go into the booklet is noon EST on Thursday. That's 5 PM GMT.
Ellen

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Wow! There are some really beautiful messages here.

Here is my message which seems quite insignificant by comparison.

“I stumbled upon Billy Elliot the Musical when I went to London to see The Eagles in concert. It was June, 2006 and I saw Matthew Koon play Billy. From that moment I was hooked.

I came to New York to see the first previews in October 2008. I was at Radio City when it won the 10 Tony awards. I was there for the 1st Birthday show. I was there for Trent’s and Jacob’s last shows and I will be there for the last show of the greatest show on Broadway.

This show has touched me in a way that no other ever has. It has everything and it throws all the emotions at you – sometimes in the same breath. I just pray that BETM returns to Broadway one day as Broadway will be a poorer place without it.

I want to thank all the cast for their hospitality. They are the kindest, down-to-earth people you could ever hope to meet and they have all gone beyond the call of duty. I also want to thank the parents of the young cast members. They sacrifice so much so that their children can follow their dreams. They, like the cast, always have time to chat a little at the stage door when really I’m sure all they really want to do is get home and get to bed. To the wranglers at the stage door a big thank you. They are always so polite doing what is a very responsible job. Also a big thank you to the musicians and crew as without these dedicated people there would be no show.

I will still visit New York to come and see friends that I have made – thanks to Billy Elliot the Musical – but it won’t be quite the same. I don’t know if it ever will.

So finally I only have one more thing to say

“SEE YA BILLY” "
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “Special Shows - Broadway”