Photo Countdown to the NY closing

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: Photo Countdown to the NY closing

Post by Billy Whiz »

Well the fateful day has finally arrived and it's time for the very, very last NY Countdown photo. I thought long and hard about this photo as it does not contain the "4th Billy", Tommy Batchelor. To me and all the fans of this show, he will always be the 4th Billy, not the understudy.

Of all my photos of BETM New York this photo is definitely one of my favourites from a night that I will remember until the day I die.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

This was a nice photo, to emphasize that the show received numerous Tony awards. Well done with another fabulous countdown BW! :D

Billys have been arriving from all over the world. Last night we saw former Australian Billy Josh Denyer at the stage door. Today is going to be emotional beyond belief. :cry:
:/
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

With the kind permission of David I have done a "Memories of BETM Broadway" video based entirely on his fantastic photo countdown.

It can now be downloaded from here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?50dfeuyl294cc74

Pat
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Great stuff Pat.

Thanks for posting.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

CJ-Rochester wrote:This was a nice photo, to emphasize that the show received numerous Tony awards. Well done with another fabulous countdown BW! :D

Billys have been arriving from all over the world. Last night we saw former Australian Billy Josh Denyer at the stage door. Today is going to be emotional beyond belief. :cry:
I had heard that he was coming, but I missed seeing him at the stage door last night. I expect, however, that he will be around this afternoon as well. 8-) At least I hope so!

This is going to be one epic, star-studded afternoon, with former cast members, familes, and special guests. I think that if BETM has to go out, it's going out with a BANG, and that is as it should be.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Billy Whiz, you've truly outdone yourself with this long countdown of wonderful photographs. While sad that the end of it also means the day of the last show at BETM Broadway has arrived, it brought back so many memories. Thanks so much for doing it!!
Vickam
Audience Member

Post by Vickam »

Great photos, so sad the show is ending !
One of the ballet girl of the original cast on broadway, Tessa Netting, made a video about her experience of being part of this family. Very moving.
http://youtu.be/nu6D4tYXg9U
Billys seen : Tommy (2009), Ollie (2010), Dean, Ryan. (2011)
Favourite Billys : Tommy (2009), Ollie (2010), Dean, Ryan. (2011)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for posting that link, Vikam. What a fitting tribute to all the kids in the show from Tessa, who is as top drawer as they come.

And thank you, BW for such a wonderful photo countdown to today. Superb. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
BillyElliotLover
Small Boy

Post by BillyElliotLover »

Thanks for all the photos! I really enjoyed seeing every single photo... I was following them from the very first one you posted, and watched all the numbers go down. It's so sad, but I'm sure there is going to be an amazing performance today!
"I DONT WANT A CHILDHOOD, I WANT TO BE A BALLET DANCER"
I <3 BILLY ELLIOT

June 12th, 2011- Peter Mazurowski/Neil McCaffrey/Ben Cook
December 13th, 2011- Ty Forhan/Jacob Zelonky/Lex Ishimoto
January 3rd, 2012- Ty Forhan/Ben Cook/Kylend Hetherington
January 13th, 2012- JP Viernes/Ben Cook/Lex Ishimoto

Return to “Special Shows - Broadway”