Photo Countdown to the NY closing

jsd337
Small Boy

Re: Photo Countdown to the NY closing

Post by jsd337 »

Sorry, I was under the impression OBC was a common known term to mean Original Broadway Cast. I was wrong anyway, Trevor wasn't original Broadway, but still!

http://tessanetting.tumblr.com

You might have to go through some other posts, she posts a lot of pictures :lol:
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the link. :D OBC might be common usage in some circles (e.g. Broadway fans), but this forum includes fans of all productions, and from many countries, so that abbreviation would not make sense to them, and indeed, not necessarily to all US members either.

For example, we could have OLC = Original London Cast, OCC = Original Chicago Cast, OTC = Original Toronto Cast or Original Tour Cast, OAC = Original Australian Cast, OKC = Original Korean Cast. So it's best to stick with words instead of abbreviations. 8-)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

And now back to the Photo Countdown ;)

Today's NY Countdown photo is of Alex Ko. Kiril left BETM in early October, 2009, and Alex replaced him - and what a superb replacement he was.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Another great photo.

David, thank you very much for doing this countdown (and many others as well!). The photos are wonderful, and it also represents a countdown to what promises to be a memorable weekend in NYC with many BE (super) fans from around the world.

Much appreciate all your hard work with these!
maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I certainly second that. :D
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Today's NY Countdown photo is of Tanner Pflueger with his two dads - real and pretend. Tanner was a London Billy who came over to NY to fill in for Tommy Batchelor who was injured. Even though he was performing in London, Tanner is actually from Nebraska. I was fortunate to see Tanner make his debut in London as well as his last shows in both NY and London.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Love Alex and will continue to follow his career! And Tanner I missed! =( He was a hard one to catch, especially since I wasn't seeing the show as often as I have been lately. But I'm so happy he got to star on Broadway for a while!!!! =)

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

On one of my visits to London during his time there, I booked four shows at the VP (but not all in succession), and believe it or not, I saw Tanner for three of them! The other Billy I saw was Brad Wilson. When Tanner was in NY, I was fortunate enough to see him there as well, so he became one of my most seen Billys. Did I mind? Definitely not! :D Thanks for making sure Tanner made the countdown, David.
Ellen

Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

ERinVA wrote: Thanks for making sure Tanner made the countdown, David.
Ditto from me. Tanner seems to be left out of the 'official' NY Billy count, so it was nice to include him, David.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks for the comments everybody.

There was no way that I could leave Tanner out. It really annoys me that he seems to get forgotten - but not by the fans.

Return to “Special Shows - Broadway”