Billy Elliot the Musical Live

StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Re: The most astonishing thing I noticed ......

Post by StevenKing »

tzwicky wrote:The most astonishing thing I noticed in this thread, with the link to the "live" trailer, is that Universal Films is now a piece of Comcast, my wretched cable TV provider!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, that's the screw-up all along.

It's Comcast's fault.

No?

tzwicky
That's actually the correct response to everything they do apperently :lol:
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Re: Billy Elliot the Musical Live

Post by StevenKing »

http://billyelliotthemusical.com/live-in-cinemas/ I see France will be showing it on Nov 5...so theirs still hope for the USA I guess.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Btw it DOES show up on fandango with no info or dates as just billy Elliot the musical, that might be a placeholder so it shows hope.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Fandango? I just searched Fandango's "Coming Soon"section for September and October and I see stuff from the Royal Ballet to the National Theatre's production of "A Streetcar Named Desire," but I don't see "Billy Elliot Live."

Could you provide the link where you saw this, please?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

http://www.fandango.com/billyelliotthem ... ieoverview like I said there's zero info...or dates, it's just a placeholder so take it for what it is, just a tease so far.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the link, even though it tells us next to nothing. :(
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I have tried to contact Fathom Events about whether or not they intend to carry the Live broadcast the North American cinemas - its response? -

- Silence.

It seems unlikely that this event would - or could - be broadcast in North American cinemas on the 'Live' September date, or some date in October, or even November (as it will be in some countries), as I would have thought the publicity would have begun by now, at local cinema level. However, it is always possible that the recorded version could be shown sometime later, even into 2015, in North America. Listed Fathom future event numbers drop off after November, indicating they are a 'work in progress'.
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

porschesrule wrote:According to the London Daily Mail, Liam Mower... will take on the role of 'Billy's Older Self'
So is this also a case of life imitating art imitating life I wonder.
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Not only Liam, but George Maguire and James Lomas will make an appearance, too, according to this article:
Last night it was reported that George Maguire and James Lomas will also make a special appearance during the finale. It is claimed Daldry wants the performance to be a "real showbizzy event" with Elton John either introducing the show or making an appearance during the finale.
http://www.westendframe.com/2014/07/pro ... billy.html
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

About a week ago, I submitted a question to Fathom Events, who broadcast many of the live shows/operas/concerts to US cinemas: Will they be bringing BETM Live to US theaters sometime in the future?

Here is their reply - read into it whatever you want to:
Hi Bill,
Thank you for contacting Fathom Events. We love to hear from you and have passed this suggestion on to our programming team. Keep those ideas coming!

We'll see you in the theatres!
Thank you!
Fathom Events
An idea: perhaps if others of us made the same request, they would give the idea more credence? Here is how to contact them:
Contact Us

Have a question about Fathom or our events? Send us an email with your question to: info@fathomevents.com or call 1-855-473-4612

A member of our staff will aim to return your email within 48 business hours. Thank you.

Return to “Special Shows - London”