Last London Show

htcpt
Small Boy

Last London Show

Post by htcpt »

Just got a terrible shock: last VPT show on 9 April.
Source: Twitter and Billyelliotthemusical.com.
:!: :|
PLuto
Audience Member

Re: Last London Show

Post by PLuto »

Yes, it is on official page - http://london.billyelliotthemusical.com ... announced/

Last performance at VPT will be on 9th April 2016...
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Blast, I had just recently purchased tickets for what would have been the anniversary show in May. Sad they could not have waited until then.

The ticket website shows two performances on Saturday, April 9th, but both have a special champagne glass icon, instead of the button to purchase tickets. :cry:
Yorkie
Miner

Post by Yorkie »

I guess the anniversary show will be in Bradford then. Anybody fancy a curry?
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!
Real Geordie
Ballet Girl

Post by Real Geordie »

Two questions immediately come to mind. First, what happens after the tour ends - will the production move back to Victoria Palace or some new permanent home, or is this the beginning of the end ? Secondly, what happens to the existing Billies ? The tour production and VPT production overlap - they cannot simply transfer the existing Billies over to the tour on 9th April. Is this the bullet for the existing Billies ?
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

Real Geordie wrote:Two questions immediately come to mind. First, what happens after the tour ends - will the production move back to Victoria Palace or some new permanent home, or is this the beginning of the end ? Secondly, what happens to the existing Billies ? The tour production and VPT production overlap - they cannot simply transfer the existing Billies over to the tour on 9th April. Is this the bullet for the existing Billies ?
It seems a pity to lose the talents of the four current Billys so, hopefully, they can be utilised somewhere on the Tour.
cindythenurse
Small Boy

Post by cindythenurse »

I have never booked through the official website, as have always been able to find cheaper tickets elsewhere!

Plenty of tickets around for the 9th April, if you search around.

Just booked a load!!

Good luck

Cindythenurse
Bridget40
Tall Boy

Post by Bridget40 »

cindythenurse wrote:I have never booked through the official website, as have always been able to find cheaper tickets elsewhere!

Plenty of tickets around for the 9th April, if you search around.

Just booked a load!!

Good luck

Cindythenurse
I think that you might find that those tickets get cancelled!
Bridget40
Tall Boy

Post by Bridget40 »

This is sad, but inevitible news......... It's had a great run at The VPT! Hopefully they will do as they did for the 10th anniversary show and put a limited number of tickets up for general sale closer to the date.
Katwoman
Small Boy

Post by Katwoman »

I was going to wait until the end of the football season before going to the VPT again, but this calls for drastic action. I shall have to be unfaithful to my team again for the second time ever. The first time was with BETM, of course, for Harrison Dowzell's last night!

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”