Reminiscences

jen
Miner

Re: Reminiscences

Post by jen »

The 1st birthday show when I think it was Phil came in and found all 3 Billies dancing and said what the hell is going on the kept a straight face until George cracked and set the other two of.. George could nearly always set the other two of. I read a comment from his headteacher about how he was a genuinely likeable boy with an infectious sense of humour. In teacher speak read he can set the whole class of.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

I was just browsing my calendar and found out last time I attended a London show was exactly 2 years ago: I was fortunate to see Mitchell, Zak and Demi. Mitchell btw. was my 30th Billy I saw in London. Zak was my 20th Michael and Demi my 17th Debbie.
After that I made the decision to see a few other european versions rather than the original, always knowing (thinking!) the stars would always look down on the VPT and the Billys there would shine eternally. Now I bitterly regret not to have seen the final show or at least one more recent show. Now it feels odd to still have Billy Elliot (the swedish version) close to my home. I like that show really much and I am also a bit proud and feel fortunate, but without the option to get back to London and see the original, I kinda feel I lost my backbone. The diversity of all those non-copy shows are best served as a topping. Or vice versa. I don't say I wouldn't miss espeacially the swedish show over in Malmö. In fact I'd miss quite a number of differences I like even more if I went to London one time in between. Yet wish it were still there!
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

When I started this thread one of the points I made was:
Ollie Taylor’s incredibly emotional last night that has never been equalled.
Well, it certainly was and bettered at the final show.

For the nostalgic among you I've posted a video on youtube with memories of Billy London over the years.
https://youtu.be/xOei7wPyLvA

This is in addition to the final video of the "Memories of Billys" series. (link to download in the Multimedia/Gallery Section)
http://billyelliottheforum.me.uk/forum/ ... 4&start=50

Pat
jmh2014
Tall Boy

Post by jmh2014 »

Great memories Pat, and B15 :lol:
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Thanks, Julian.

Pat
Bridget40
Tall Boy

Post by Bridget40 »

patc wrote:When I started this thread one of the points I made was:
Ollie Taylor’s incredibly emotional last night that has never been equalled.
Well, it certainly was and bettered at the final show.

For the nostalgic among you I've posted a video on youtube with memories of Billy London over the years.
https://youtu.be/xOei7wPyLvA

This is in addition to the final video of the "Memories of Billys" series. (link to download in the Multimedia/Gallery Section)
http://billyelliottheforum.me.uk/forum/ ... 4&start=50

Pat
Thanks for the vids Patc..... I have to admit, I'm still waiting for one last brilliant review from yourself with regard to the last show. So many reviews written, but not one from the master. It just doesn't seem right! :lol:
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

That's very, very kind of you, Bridget40. A few things got in the way in between but it has just now been posted.

Pat

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”