US/CA TOUR SCHEDULE

AJ HOLDEN
Tall Boy

Re: US/CA TOUR SCHEDULE

Post by AJ HOLDEN »

Looking forward to my first US tour shows. I have seen the New York show but not the tour. Hopefully catch some members in Las Vegas 18th and 19th. Seeing Matilda NY 21st and 22nd ( matinee) and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (preview) on 23rd in London!!
muck912
Tall Boy

Post by muck912 »

AJ HOLDEN wrote:Looking forward to my first US tour shows. I have seen the New York show but not the tour. Hopefully catch some members in Las Vegas 18th and 19th. Seeing Matilda NY 21st and 22nd ( matinee) and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (preview) on 23rd in London!!
I've done 5 shows in 6 days before but they were all in the same city. AJ is going from Las Vegas to NYC to London for his 5 shows in 6 days!!! We will definately need a forum report on this trip.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

AJ HOLDEN wrote:Seeing Matilda NY 21st and 22nd ( matinee)

I guess there is such a thing as a Matilda-thon. Glad to hear it! ;)
:/
tomtorfan
Small Boy

Post by tomtorfan »

Just for the heck of it, I've mapped the entire schedule of the BETM International Tour from Durham, NC in 2010 through to Sao Paulo in August using the map-building tool at Travellerspoint.com.

By the time they're done, the touring troupe of BETM will have hit 3 countries and 65 cities in 1,023 days, travelled a total of 45,603 miles as the crow flies, and employed 13 different Billys.

Impressive stats for an impressive production!

http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_m ... id=3147394
We will find a new tomorrow
When we come to rest at last...
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Wow!!! That's very cool, Tom! Thank you for doing that! I don't have any desire to fact check you, but I trust you did your homework. :D

Great job!!!

And for members of the cast and crew and their families, I know there's often a disconnect between the superfans and you, but I hope you know how much we genuinely appreciate all the stellar performances you've put in amidst so much travel away from your own family and friends. A map like this one may not tell the whole story, but it certainly shows everyone what kind of craziness your life must be filled with. Thank you all very, very much!!!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

It is amazing that the cast and crew always made each show seem special to the audience, even though they have been presenting the show for almost 1000 days. Such professionals.
Eltonjohn
Miner

Tour run format

Post by Eltonjohn »

Can anyone confirm that the standard run was along the lines of...

Mon - arrival in new city
Tue - opening night show
Wed - evening show
Thur - evening show
Fri - evening show
Sat - matinee & evening show
Sun - matinee

For a total of 7 shows usually?
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tour run format

Post by porschesrule »

Eltonjohn wrote:Can anyone confirm that the standard run was along the lines of...

Mon - arrival in new city
Tue - opening night show
Wed - evening show
Thur - evening show
Fri - evening show
Sat - matinee & evening show
Sun - matinee
Normally they did 8 shows per week including two show days on the Saturdays and Sundays of each week. If you look at the Tour tracking thread you can clearly see the norm. For example, look at the month of January 2013 (Jan. 1 being a Tuesday).

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... =85&t=3979

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”