Vancouver, BC, Canada

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by porschesrule »

BETM will make a fourth stop in Canada on this leg of the second Tour when it visits Vancouver April 2-7, 2013:

The show will be presented at the 2,781 seat Queen Elizabeth Theatre:

http://vancouver.broadway.com/

http://vancouver.ca/commsvcs/cultural/t ... /index.htm
Eltonjohn
Miner

Re: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by Eltonjohn »

Guess it's high time to boost this thread closer to the top of the stack.

Anyone planning to come out to the 2010 Winter Olympic city for their spring dose of Billy?

Now that I've seen pics of the tour's trailers, I'll know what to look out for. What do the tour coaches (buses) look like? Anyone post any pics of them?
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Eltonjohn wrote:Now that I've seen pics of the tour's trailers, I'll know what to look out for. What do the tour coaches (buses) look like? Anyone post any pics of them?
Depending on the distance between stops, cast/crew most often travel by air. However, when the distance is shorter between stops, the company rents local, unmarked coaches -- so there are no official BETM buses.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Well, they aren't actually unmarked as in blank. They're just chartered buses, so whatever charter company they are using has its own logo on the vehicle. By the way, in Richmond, in addition to four trailers that were wrapped with the BETM logo, there were two that were not. I assume that they were also for the show, because what was on the trailer was the message: "This show tours green." Interestingly, in Richmond, there is very little space where the trailers can be stored, as there is no big parking lot near the theater, only a parking deck. So two of the trailers were parked on the opposite side of the street in front of the theater to serve as free advertising, two were in the loading dock, and the two without the BETM logo were parked on the street along the side of the building.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

porschesrule wrote:
Eltonjohn wrote:Now that I've seen pics of the tour's trailers, I'll know what to look out for. What do the tour coaches (buses) look like? Anyone post any pics of them?
Depending on the distance between stops, cast/crew most often travel by air. However, when the distance is shorter between stops, the company rents local, unmarked coaches -- so there are no official BETM buses.
Ok thanks. I was thinking of the coaches that run between the cast hotel and the Queen E theatre venue.

Do you think they usually fly charter or commercial? Cause I would love to try to catch their arrival at the Vancouver airport.

Is there sometimes time set aside for the cast to take in local tourist sites in some cities they visit? I just wonder what are the chances of running into them, say at the local sea mammal exhibit where baby and not so baby belugas swim in the not so deep but still blue sea. (Reference to a kids song about a baby beluga whale)
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

They fly commercial, but they don't all travel on one flight, or even one airline. Several of us have ended up running into a BETM cast member or two at a gate while waiting for our own flights home from various tour stops.

There is usually a "Billy Bus" in most cities that transports the kids back to their hotel after the evening shows. It is typically a shuttle-type bus. I guess the company rents one in each city for that purpose. They may also use it to take the kids on outings while they are in a city. The kids do go to see attractions whenever they have a chance. For example, when they were in Louisville, some of the kids visited the Louisville Slugger factory and museum.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

I'd also just say that these kids and other cast members do so much stage time and post-show interactions with fans that we should respect their private space and time whenever possible. Obviously they're always very sweet and kind with the fans, but we shouldn't seek them out and look to spend time with them. Obviously as Ellen mentioned, if you see someone at a restaurant or other locale and want to tell them you loved them in the show, etc., they'll probably be so happy to hear it. Just saying we should avoid seeking them out in their private time and space. =)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks, Sean. I couldn't have said that better myself, especially in regards to the kids in the show. ;)
Ellen

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

ERinVA wrote:Well, they aren't actually unmarked as in blank. They're just chartered buses, so whatever charter company they are using has its own logo on the vehicle. By the way, in Richmond, in addition to four trailers that were wrapped with the BETM logo, there were two that were not. I assume that they were also for the show, because what was on the trailer was the message: "This show tours green." Interestingly, in Richmond, there is very little space where the trailers can be stored, as there is no big parking lot near the theater, only a parking deck. So two of the trailers were parked on the opposite side of the street in front of the theater to serve as free advertising, two were in the loading dock, and the two without the BETM logo were parked on the street along the side of the building.
Ellen- those 'unmarked' trailers were in Clearwater, too. Marked in small letters on the side was the name of the firm that trucks this (and many other) tours around North America - Clark Transfer of Harrisburg, PA. Clark Transfer moves the Billy trailers, too.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, I remembered your post about Clark with the link to their site, which I explored with great interest. Even though I didn't get close enough to see their name on those trailers, I gathered that they belonged to Clark.
Ellen

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”