Peoria, IL

jdmag44
Michael

Re: Peoria, IL

Post by jdmag44 »

I just checked the seating chart in Ticketmaster and sales have not improved at all. Tues only about 1/3 sold. Wed about the same. Thurs eve only about 1/4 sold and Thurs Mat - OMG only a few hundred sold. I do hope that tickets will be given to schools or special groups and/or that deep discounts will help fill some seats.

In any case I am preparing for my 2 1/2 hour drive to Peoria for all 4 shows. My friend Colin Stetson will be there also and as has been posted above mrmikerocks will be at the Thursday shows. Will anyone else be there??
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Wow. I just checked ticket sales in Peoria.

The evening shows are less than half sold. (2247 seats). The matinee is dire - less than a quarter sold. And the ticket prices are dirt cheap.

Are these folk unaware of what is coming to town for a brief visit???

One cast young cast member has posted a bleak photo today......saying 'Went from florida to this.. :('.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

And do you have a link to this photo, please?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

ERinVA wrote: And do you have a link to this photo, please?
http://instagram.com/p/Wu2yvRGrt-/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the link.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Sorry to say, I think that NetWorks simply considers Peoria a throwaway. The publicity has been virtually non-existent. :(
Ellen

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

ERinVA wrote:Sorry to say, I think that NetWorks simply considers Peoria a throwaway. The publicity has been virtually non-existent.
And Sioux Falls isn't far behind in that regard. :(
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

Well. I have arrived in Peoria and IT AIN''T MUCH. Pop only about 100,000. No cities anywhere near it. Civic Center is Big. Nothing to indicate Billy Elliot is playing NO sign of any kind. One of the trucks was still unloading. I need a nap.

Joe
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

jdmag44 wrote:Well. I have arrived in Peoria...Nothing to indicate Billy Elliot is playing NO sign of any kind. One of the trucks was still unloading. I need a nap.
LOL thanks, Joe! I know it's a really rough life you lead getting to see the show as often as you do!!! :) Enjoy! Hope to catch up with you again in Hartford. In the mean time, will look forward to more of your reviews from the road!

Sean
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

porschesrule wrote:
ERinVA wrote:Sorry to say, I think that NetWorks simply considers Peoria a throwaway. The publicity has been virtually non-existent.
And Sioux Falls isn't far behind in that regard. :(
This seems to prove that the small city tour has accomplished all that it can in spreading the word about BETM. Time to perform where the large populations live, and the media can promote effectively.

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”