Peoria, IL

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Peoria, IL

Post by porschesrule »

The Tour will make a stop in Peoria, IL at the 2,173 seat Peoria Civic Center March 12-14, 2013:

http://www.peoriaciviccenter.com/broadw ... ter-series

http://peoriaciviccenter.com/plan-an-event/theater
jdmag44
Michael

Re: Peoria, IL

Post by jdmag44 »

F.Y.I.

Tons or great seats still available for Peoria for all four shows on TICKETMASTER. The Thursday Mat has many great seats in the first three rows. Looking at the seats available on Ticketmaster, sales are very poor so far with only a few weeks to go.

I will be there for the 4 shows and so will Colin. Will anyone else be there?????
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

I will be there for the Thursday Matinee and Evening show 3/14.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

jdmag44 wrote:Tons or great seats still available for Peoria for all four shows on TICKETMASTER. The Thursday Mat has many great seats in the first three rows. Looking at the seats available on Ticketmaster, sales are very poor so far with only a few weeks to go.
I will be there for the 4 shows and so will Colin. Will anyone else be there?????

I agree ticket availability and prices look great for anyone who wants to attend. However it only looks good if you are within driving distance. Air fare to Peoria is out of this world.
:/
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Will it play in Peoria? ;)
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

CJ-Rochester wrote:
jdmag44 wrote:Tons or great seats still available for Peoria for all four shows on TICKETMASTER. The Thursday Mat has many great seats in the first three rows. Looking at the seats available on Ticketmaster, sales are very poor so far with only a few weeks to go.

I agree ticket availability and prices look great for anyone who wants to attend. However it only looks good if you are within driving distance. Air fare to Peoria is out of this world.
I pulled up a flight on Allegiant from Tampa to Peoria on those dates. $230 round trip, on Allegiant. Sounds reasonable.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

kport wrote: I pulled up a flight on Allegiant from Tampa to Peoria on those dates. $230 round trip, on Allegiant. Sounds reasonable.
Yes that does sound reasonable. I checked and Allegiant can only get you from six cities to Peoria, three in Florida, two in Arizona, and Las Vegas.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

kport wrote:Will it play in Peoria? ;)
After looking at the amount of seats open for the the matinee performance, I would say no. Has there ever been a performance canceled prior to it due to low ticket sales?
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

mrmikerocks wrote:
kport wrote:Will it play in Peoria? ;)
After looking at the amount of seats open for the the matinee performance, I would say no. Has there ever been a performance canceled prior to it due to low ticket sales?
Seeing as they have to pass through there as they head north anyway, with no other alternatives, it would be better to endure a couple of productions, make a bit of money, and move on. The cancellation would hit the entertainment world's press (and grapevine)! Better to keep a stiff upper lip and remember that 'The show must go on!' The adults will take it in their strides; it will be an 'educational moment' for the kids. And who knows? Ticket sales may pick up.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

mrmikerocks wrote:Has there ever been a performance canceled prior to it due to low ticket sales?

Most theater companies will get creative and try to find any way they can to put bodies into seats at the last minute. This may include running special promotions or donating tickets to a charity or school. Sales were particularly weak during the last few nights of the second week the tour was in Rochester, and the producers offered this special promo:
Give Non-Perishable Items, GET 50% Off Your Tickets!
In the spirit of the holiday season, BILLY ELLIOT is collecting non-perishable items at the Auditorium Theatre Box Office, during all remaining performances, to donate to Rochester's Foodlink Food Pantry. As a thank you for helping the fight against hunger, BILLY ELLIOT will give you 50% OFF your purchase 2 or more tickets for select seats for all remaining shows.

Ideas like this can fill seats and also create a lot of good will. Of course I took advantage of the offer. It was hard to resist getting such a cheap ticket for a donation of some cans of bake beans and a packet of soup. ;)

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”