Site Admin

Re: Tracking Billy Elliot: International Tour - 2013

Post by porschesrule »

Post Removed
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

They seem to be using Ty less than the others.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:They seem to be using Ty less than the others.
I'm sure by design, yeah, but still wonderful for him to get one more crack at the role and reunite with cast he's worked with before! :D

Sean
kadu
Small Boy

Post by kadu »

I hope I get the chance to see either Mitchell or Ty as Billy next Saturday. I loved Drew, but I would love to see a second interpretation of the role.

I don't see a pattern in their choices for Billy, so i guess it's impossible to predict
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

kadu wrote:I hope I get the chance to see either Mitchell or Ty as Billy next Saturday. I loved Drew, but I would love to see a second interpretation of the role.

I don't see a pattern in their choices for Billy, so i guess it's impossible to predict
It is impossible to predict; part of the fun is to turn up and read the red board to see who is playing. It took me 16 performances over eighteen months (in which I studied the cast patterns before buying a ticket) before I finally got to see one particular Billy (Kylend).

I enjoy your reviews, kadu - welcome to the Forum! Let us know how Saturday's finale goes!
kadu
Small Boy

Post by kadu »

kport wrote:
kadu wrote:I hope I get the chance to see either Mitchell or Ty as Billy next Saturday. I loved Drew, but I would love to see a second interpretation of the role.

It is impossible to predict; part of the fun is to turn up and read the red board to see who is playing. It took me 16 performances over eighteen months (in which I studied the cast patterns before buying a ticket) before I finally got to see one particular Billy (Kylend).

I enjoy your reviews, kadu - welcome to the Forum! Let us know how Saturday's finale goes!
Yes, you're right.
I'm glad I've got the chance to see the show again before it closes... I'll be happy with any Billy!
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

Must say, that's one reason I'm so locked into Billythons...It reduces the anxiety of any guessing game as to who I may, or may not see over a couple days, knowing full well I have the best opportunity to see them all, which is always my fervent hope. It has never failed for me, thankfully!

Colin
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

cws8998 wrote:Must say, that's one reason I'm so locked into Billythons...It reduces the anxiety of any guessing game as to who I may, or may not see over a couple days, knowing full well I have the best opportunity to see them all, which is always my fervent hope. It has never failed for me, thankfully!
That is more true of BETMUS than BETMUK. Check the London tracking threat. You'll note that very often there's no more than two different Billys in a row before one of them repeats.
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

From all the weekend "Thons" I've viewed in the US (many), I never recall missing a Billy in a series of shows. A double may have occurred somewhere, but not in the more than a dozen cities in which I was fortunate to view four productions of the musical in a weekend.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

As far as the US shows go, Colin, as I said previously, I'm in agreement with you. Generally speaking, the weekend pattern has been that all the Billys in the rotation (barring illness/injury) will appear consecutively. That's due in large part to the configuration of shows, where half of the shows in a week happen on Saturday and Sunday.

My point though is that anyone doing a "Billython" in London shouldn't expect to see all the Billys in the rotation in four consecutive shows (i.e. Thursday through Saturday), as frequently you'll see at least one Billy twice in that sequence and at least one Billy not at all.

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”