Sao Paulo, Brazil

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sao Paulo, Brazil

Post by porschesrule »

It should be noted that all of these Sao Paulo videos were posted a while ago in the following thread of the Forum: http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... =85&t=4332
Eltonjohn
Miner

Re: Tutu & Dream Ballet Sao Paulo

Post by Eltonjohn »

Eltonjohn wrote:http://youtu.be/KeZa2BQtA40

I've noticed there are a number of pretty good videos posted from the Brazil tour production, such as the one posted here.
NOTE that this includes the tutu-nutcracker scene which immediately preceeds Dream Ballet, a scene that I have never seen before on Youtube prior to this. The clip was long shot by somebody based in the theatre audio booth it looks like. I particularly like reading the reader bar above the stage that translates the dialogue, obviously the laughs are heart felt, so EnJoY!
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Normally, we do not allow links to videos made of scenes during the show, in accordance with equity rules about filming/recording, etc. In this case, however, we decided that they appear to have been officially sponsored for publicity purposes, and therefore allowed the links to remain.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Lightman7
Small Boy

Post by Lightman7 »

OK, I have finally processed all my Sao Paulo stuff. Here is a web page which has a few pictures I took of the cast in the lobby (except Ty that I took in the hotel restaurant) before they left for the theater the final Sunday. I obtained permission from everyone (and their guardian, if applicable). No picture of Jake, as he made a bee line straight from the elevator to the van. I didn't post them direct since the allowed resolution here would make the call boards (which were the only source of information as there were no programs) unreadable. The link is for the thumbnail page and you can click through to the full sized image.

Sao Paulo Cast Pictures and final 3 call boards
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Very nice pictures, and it looks like a beautiful hotel too!

Heck, just seeing people in shorts makes me happy on a December day in New York! :D

Thank you. :)

Sean
Lightman7
Small Boy

Post by Lightman7 »

angelenroute wrote:Very nice pictures, and it looks like a beautiful hotel too!

Heck, just seeing people in shorts makes me happy on a December day in New York! :D

Thank you. :)

Sean
Thanks.

Yes, the boys were in shorts, but remember, it was winter in Sao Paulo, most of the locals were bundled up like it was sub zero! (I didn't wear shorts, but I didn't see the need to wear a jacket either).
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Lightman7 wrote:
angelenroute wrote:Very nice pictures, and it looks like a beautiful hotel too! Heck, just seeing people in shorts makes me happy on a December day in New York! :D Thank you. :) --Sean
Thanks. Yes, the boys were in shorts, but remember, it was winter in Sao Paulo, most of the locals were bundled up like it was sub zero! (I didn't wear shorts, but I didn't see the need to wear a jacket either).
Oh, that's right! :lol:
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

This may have been posted before, but it has just been placed on Youtube...............it has some interesting behind-the-scenes shots of the production in Brazil........though the language escapes me. Apologies if it has been seen before, but we need a bit of cheering up amidst all the dire weather of late.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZMRWATP4Xc
Lightman7
Small Boy

Post by Lightman7 »

OK, I assume this will be my final post on Sao Paulo: I found out what happened to the punch bag! While in London I asked Mitchell what happened to it, and it was a simple case of . . . not enough room! Remember the theater was not a broadway style theater, so there evidently wasn't enough rigging to accommodate all the things that needed to be lowered onto the stage, and thus the punch bag was axed (even though they brought it down to Brazil with the rest of the sets).
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Ahh, makes sense! Thanks!

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”