Professional produced videos from Sao Paulo

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Professional produced videos from Sao Paulo

Post by kport »

I published links to these videos under the thread 'Publicity from Sao Paulo' last night, as I was unsure about their origins or where/when they were shot. I can now confirm that they are credited to Marilia di Dio and Michelle Camhaji, of CenaMusical in Sao Paulo, and may be found on their Facebook page as well as on Youtube. CenaMusical describes itself as a 'Website about the Brazilian musical theater. Interviews, backstage productions, parts information, in posts and more. Conceived by Marilia Di Dio and Michelle Camhaji.'

http://cenamusical.com.br/bastidores/co ... ly-elliot/

As far as I am aware, these are the most comprehensive professionally produced videos of the Tour, and are of exceptionally high quality.

I am reposting them here as I think the first post is a bit buried now and may have been missed.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Re: Professional produced videos from Sao Paulo

Post by accessmenj »

These people are so good that hopefully they can produce a video of the entire Billy Elliot The Musical. Every member of this forum would purchase it, and tens of thousands more would be sold around the world. They obviously have the rights to do what they already have done. BETM should allow the full musical to be recorded, so that interest is maintained in the eventual return of Billy to Broadway and the world.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I agree, and Sao Paulo would be just the place to do it. Nothing ornate; just well photographed scenes taken with several cameras; a few odd notes from the orchestra would make it seem more real.

The cast is at its very best and this is the time to record it for posterity. A fitting end to a most amazing International Tour!

I do hope that one or more of the cast are offered a chance to come to London to continue the UK/US Billy link.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Thanks for the info Kport. You mentioned their Facebook page. Here is the link if anyone is interested:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cena-Mus ... 0988009352

I am praying we at least get to see a few more, especially Angry Dance.
:/
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Thanks, CJ. I forgot to add the link.

However, on second glance, they seem to have disappeared from the FB site. They are still up on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Cenamusical
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

Those are great clips. I imagine they filmed the whole show since they had multiple scenes in their ad, and also they set up multiple cameras so that's a lot of trouble.
I don't know if the quality is quite as good as, say, the Phantom of the Opera Blu Ray I have, but it's still pretty good and I would definitely buy it on Blu Ray. I would also buy several other copies for people I know. So they can could on me for a few sales!!!
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:Those are great clips. I imagine they filmed the whole show since they had multiple scenes in their ad, and also they set up multiple cameras so that's a lot of trouble.
I don't know if the quality is quite as good as, say, the Phantom of the Opera Blu Ray I have, but it's still pretty good and I would definitely buy it on Blu Ray. I would also buy several other copies for people I know. So they can could on me for a few sales!!!
There are other two versions of this video event - taken by the Brazilian producers and a Disney company. Judging by all the camera shutter clicks, and several video cameras seen dotted around, my guess is that they had a photo call publicity event in which four numbers were performed for the press, probably last Thursday. I have posted videos of this event from three different sources. Together they give the best legitimate (?) video record we may ever have of the tour. I wish they would record everything, and I will keep looking, but so far what we have seen is all there is.

It may be prudent to download these if you are able to, and want to, sooner rather than later. They could 'disappear'.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

That would explain the lack of audience response in the videos.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

What you do is up to you, but if you contact the company, it should be as an individual, without any reference to this forum.

This thread has been allowed to remain because these videos appear to be official publications from the organization sponsoring the tour's run in Sao Paulo, but their actual legal status is not entirely clear. Consequently, the forum will have no involvement in any requests of this type.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

Are you a lawyer?

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”