Clearwater Reviews

angelenroute
Billy

Re: Clearwater Reviews

Post by angelenroute »

jdmag44 wrote:I asked him if he was aware of this forum and he said he was very aware of the forum and how supportive we are of the cast and especially the Billies.
I'm so happy to hear that! =) And Mitchell is awesome, so happy I got to see him perform in Baltimore!
jdmag44 wrote:He introduced me to Mitchell and I must say being only a few inches away from him it is striking how very small he is.
If I remember correctly, you're a fairly tall guy too, so I'm sure! But yes, Mitchell is proof positive that Billy's spirit lives in the smallest and tallest of them all, it's all about how you embody the role!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

jdmag44 wrote:I asked him if he was aware of this forum and he said he was very aware of the forum and how supportive we are of the cast and especially the Billies. I can only imagine how wonderful it must be for the parents of these amazing young Billies to see their child perform.
Thank you Joe for mentioning the forum and for reporting how Mitchell's parents appreciate our support of the cast. It's great to hear that!
:/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Does anyone else find it odd that there seem to be no published reviews for the Clearwater run? I can not find a single one. :?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I have checked today's Tampa Bay Times, including the Thursday Arts supplement, and there is no review. There was not one in Wednesday's, either.

I am not surprised; so many concerts, plays, performances, operas and the like are going on around the Tampa Bay region that rarely, if ever, are shows or musicals reviewed after they have departed. What would be the point? Billy Elliot played a fleeting visit (less than 36 hours from the first opening to the final Finale) and, when you think about it, a review of Tuesday's 8.00 p.m. show would not have made the papers Wednesday morning in time for the afternoon and evening performances. It was reviewed several times two years ago during its extended stay at the Straz.

Had it been here a week, it would have been reviewed in today's arts supplement. Chalk it up to the short duration of its visit here. I hope Richmond's audiences are as good as Clearwater's.
pvmichaels
Small Boy

Post by pvmichaels »

I just wanted to agree with everyone's reviews. Ben, Mitchell, and Noah all performed extremely well! I was in awe by the talent each one of them brought to each show in Clearwater. For one show, I brought my parents and in another, I brought a friend who was tired of hearing me talk about the show all these years and wanted to see it for herself. They all left the show wanting to see it again and FINALLY realizing why I feel this show is so wonderful. I had to remind them that they were only in Clearwater for two days! :(

jdmag44- I must have been sitting in front of you because Mitchell's dad was sitting right behind of me. I also briefly talked to him and said how proud he must be for having such a talented son.

I cannot wait until the beginning of March when I have my next, and possibly last billython. There is a chance I might be in Vegas when they are there. I have to see when the tickets go on sale and I might possibly have to ensure I am there for those dates! :)

Mike
Broadway-
Billy- Jacob 2x, Joseph 3x, Tade 4x, Peter 4x, Alex 1x, Giuseppe 1x, Julian 2x
Michael- Jake 1x, Cameron 7x, Neil 5x, Jack 4x

North American Tour-
Billy- Daniel 2x, Giuseppe 2x, Kylend 1x, JP 1x, Ty 1x, Zach 1x, Noah 2x, Ben 2x, Mitchell 3x, Drew 1x
Michael- Griffin 2x, Jacob 4x, Cameron 2x, Sam 4x, Jake 4x

London-
Billy- Scott 1x, Ryan 4x, Adam 2x, Harris 5x, Kaine 3x, Harrison 3x, Redman 2x

Michael- Joe M 5x, Connor L 4x, Connor K 4x, Reece 3x, thomas 2x, Jack 2x

Return to “Reviews - N. American/International Tour”