Post by jdmag44 »

Thanks Chris

Beautiful photos
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: Hartford Reviews

Post by Billy Whiz »

A big thank you everybody that has taken the time to post reviews and/or photos. They are a permanent record from a sad but wonderful weekend.

I will miss Billy Elliot in North America but I am lucky that I can still pop down to London in 4 hours to go to the "Mother Church". This is not the case for most of the people attending Hartford and my heart goes out to them. What I will miss though is the gathering of all the fans. I have made some wonderful friends and I will miss them. I hope that some day they will make it to London - if they haven't been there already.

2015 for the 10th Birthday Show sounds like a good idea.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
michaelJ
Tall Boy

Post by michaelJ »

patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

I've just got around to reading the brilliant reviews and seeing the super photos from Hartford. Thanks to everyone for posting them. For the final show it must have been the most emotional night ever.

Special extra thanks to Seán for a magnificent summing up, beautifully composed and written and, most obviously, coming straight from the heart and is impossible to read without teardrops falling on the keyboard.

Pat
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

michaelJ wrote:New link to Hartford photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98025949@N ... 329335305/
Great photos! Are Mitch and Cal brushing away a few tears in the first one?
BEtourfan
Tony

Post by BEtourfan »

Thanks to everyone for taking such great photos and posting them online.
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

It sure looks like tears to me Bill (kport). I was tearing up too.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

michaelJ wrote:Did anyone else notice how incredibly long Mitchell whispered in Dad's ear in the last two shows? Longer than I have ever seen. The longer he whispered the funnier it got. As he turned away from dad towards the audience in the final show he had a big smile which quickly went away as he got back into character. Nice touch for the final weekend!
I've always wondered if the Billys actually say something to Dad when they whisper in his ear, or if they're just acting like they are. Being 12-14 year-olds, I would think they'd be tempted to say something ornery. Jacob Clemente confirmed this at the stage door in New York a few years ago, when I asked him if they actually are saying something to Dad when they whisper into his ear. Referring to Greg Jbara who played Dad in the Broadway show, Jacob said, "Yeah, we try to say something to make Greg crack up." To their credit, though, I've never seen any of the actors who play Dad break character and smile when they're not supposed to.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

patc wrote:Special extra thanks to Seán for a magnificent summing up, beautifully composed and written and, most obviously, coming straight from the heart and is impossible to read without teardrops falling on the keyboard.

Pat
Aww, that's very sweet of you, Pat, thank you! It must be the Irish in me. :D Always love your reviews, even if I don't always reply, so thanks for always finding so many fun, inventive ways to tell the story! Forum members who don't follow the London threads, you really should, as there are so many great reviews there all the time from Pat and others.

Warm wishes, cousin!
Seán
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

I hope they are RESTING and enjoying being home with their family.

Return to “Reviews - N. American/International Tour”