Hartford Reviews

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hartford Reviews

Post by ERinVA »

Actually, his experience is fairly common among forum members. Quite a few of us have ended up sitting next to parents or other family members and chatting with them at various performances of the show over the years, including shows this weekend. What is more unusual about this, I suppose, is the fact that his ticket exchange worked out so well, and in this case, so serendipitously. Every time I tried to exchange mine, the lady at the window told me there was nothing better available. I think I should have tried another window. :?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Dancer
Ballet Girl

Post by Dancer »

Excellent photos, David :D . Any chance of saying who the people are for the benefit of those of us who weren't able to make the tour? Some of the names I can work out from your captions, but not all! Thanks!
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

ERinVA wrote:Is there some reason johnnyc couldn't post this himself?
Ended up being a product of circumstance. I was unaware of johnnyc's travel difficulties late Monday when I made the query, not having seen a posting yet and knowing it was a story that needed to be told. Wanted to get something written before the details started fading away. We started down this alternate path and decided to just keep going.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Dancer wrote:Excellent photos, David :D . Any chance of saying who the people are for the benefit of those of us who weren't able to make the tour? Some of the names I can work out from your captions, but not all! Thanks!
1. Cara Massey. Clipboard woman, ensemble and back up Mrs W. I saw her as Mrs W for one performance and she was excellent.

2. Rich Hebert. Dad and a really nice guy. I noticed a couple of times on entering the theatre that he was walking round, milling with the patrons, with a cup of coffee in his hand. At first I thought he mustn't be on that night but he was.

3. Joel Blum - George and another really nice guy. He too was wandering round with the patrons with a coffee in his hand.

4. Drew Minard - Billy. Such a pleasant young man who spent ages with a group of young girls who were in awe of him. He is usually the only Billy that does the barani off the piano.

5. Drew doing the "Billy Jump".

6. Janet Dickinson - Mrs W. She was injured for my first two shows but was back for the final two performances. A really nice lady and a fantastic Mrs W.

7 & 8. Noah Parets outside the Bushnell Theatre after his final performance in the BETM Tour. Noah does not do the birani off the piano but he did it in his final performance and he punched the air in delight after a safe landing.

9. Mitchell Tobin at the end of the final performance of the tour in North America.

10, 11 & 13. Samantha Cutler - Debbie. Excellent actor and dancer with a good English accent. Mitchell Tobin. Cameron Clifford - A brilliant Michael with some unique touches. He certainly knows how to the milk the audience.

12. Cameron Clifford.

14. Mitchell and Drew with a poster that was given to them by some young fans.

15. Mitchell and Drew with their proud fathers.

16. Drew and Mitchell.

17. Mitchell doing the "Billy Jump"

Everybody was very friendly at the stage door and parents were more than happy for photos to be taken. The wranglers (chaperones) kept an eye on things but were never required as things were very civilised.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Dancer
Ballet Girl

Post by Dancer »

Thanks, David, for your really comprehensive who's who of your photos :D . And thanks to everyone for their reviews of the last few shows especially angelenroute for such a heartfelt summary of the weekend. Come on, Maria and Cherri, let's have something from you!
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

joninfinity wrote:As well as the scene near the end, when Billy runs and jumps into his fathers arms. When he does this, my throat is so tight I can barely swallow... In the movie, they held the embrace a little longer; I wish they did it here as well. It is a touching, bonding moment, that some of us can only dream about.
I agree. I think an edit for the future would include keeping the hug between Billy and Dad to one side of the stage as the miners start singing at stage center, so that their embrace can last longer. Billy and Dad can then join them all a few seconds later and spend less time with the miner's hat on the audience.

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

I asked atreyu to write up my meeting with the parents because he is a far better writer than am I, and yes, fans sitting next to parents of performers is not uncommon, but atreyu and I thought the combination of my getting the good last-minute ticket AND the parents asking me to critique Drew's performance made the story newsworthy.
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Dancer wrote:Come on, Maria and Cherri, let's have something from you!
I'm working on it! Just been too busy since I got back to work and all...

I am loving reading all the reviews and comments here though.

Thanks Chris for the detailed reviews of the last shows!

Thanks Sean for the wonderful piece about the "feel" of the weekend - you nailed it!

And thank you Bill, Matt, Tom, Jonathan for your insights, thoughts and comments - loved reading all of 'em!

And thank you Joe for your moving post about dads and sons.

And thank you Sean and Jon for sharing your father stories as well!

And thank you David for your wonderful photos, and thanks to Gary too, who posted a link to his photos elsewhere!

And thank you Jonathan for the wonderful johnnyc story - mostly I am just happy for John!

So, right now I am remaining inspired by all of you... More to follow this weekend, I promise!!!

maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Sorry that it took me all week, but I finally uploaded the photos I took in Hartford. Some may be similar to ones posted by Billy Whiz and Fifemajor. I also played tourist one afternoon and got some nice pics of the beautiful park and state capitol that are right by the theater. Enjoy!

https://picasaweb.google.com/1081832146 ... aKYzIC-uAE

Chris
:/
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Great photos, Chris. Thanks for sharing them!

Return to “Reviews - N. American/International Tour”