Changes at VPT

patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Changes at VPT

Post by patc »

Some changes taking place at the VPT:

1. The bar now has no less than seven different wines available :D, new cash registers and the display shelves behind the counters look really nice.

2. Ice creams are now "Sensation" £4 or the "ordinary" now £3 :D .

Pat
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Re: Changes at VPT

Post by Darth_Revan »

patc wrote: 2. Ice creams are now "Sensation" £4 or the "ordinary" now £3 :D .
I thought the ice cream in the interval was a specific thing in VPT because a lot of children attend the show, I was surprised when I saw in other theatres they sell ice cream (even worst: pop corn) as well (even here, in Ireland)
You would be thrown out from the theatre if you dare to eat or drink in the auditorium of any theatre in Hungary where I came from. :)
(there are drinks and cakes available in the bar during the interval, but you are not allowed to take any of it into the auditorium.
---
István
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

The sound of rustling sweet papers in your ear from the people sat behind you really gets on my nerves :evil: :evil: :evil:
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

I understand that ice cream became a tradition in British theatres because prior to the arrival of air conditioning, they became very hot.
tzwicky
George

I'd started to think that changes were all incrementally les

Post by tzwicky »

Since it's been a while since I've been "live at the VPT", I started to develop the stormy opinion that all changes were all incrementally lesser occurrences.

Two Billythons ago, the VPT "area" was the same. Last Billython, it was the Baltimore version of the VPT area (torn down, in disrepair or missing with bins everywhere). Though the sheer volume of construction above ground (eyeballs) and the Underground stuff (conceptual since I can only ride the subway when an adult shows me around) was just amazing.

And with a terminal date for the most important thing in the area, the VPT itself as I've gotten used to it existing since 2005, imagine my quelle surprise at improvements in advance of the "closed for repairs" dark time I try not to think about.

Ok, ok, calming down. Only more choices in noisy munchies. Still no "Dots" sweets probably.

But I'm still surprised it happened.

Change is possible. It's my affirmation for the day.

Good for the VPT concession vendors.

tzwicky

Return to “Ticketing, Theatre, and Visitor information - London”