Empty Victoria Station with NEW view of the VPT

tzwicky
George

Empty Victoria Station with NEW view of the VPT

Post by tzwicky »

Found this photo today taken from inside Victoria Station and shooting right out the doors with a clear view of the Victoria Palace Theatre. You can zoom in on the photo with a few extra clicks once the image appears.

This view was completely new to me. Since my first visit to London in October 2005 till my last visit in 2018, this view did not exist. There were always hoardings and barricades and buses blocking this view.

If everything was normal, I'd be experiencing this vista in person later this month, but things are not normal.

Sure hope the view exists in October, or whenever I can get there to see it in person.

https://www.reddit.com/r/london/comment ... dium=web2x

tzwicky
angelenroute
Billy

Re: Empty Victoria Station with NEW view of the VPT

Post by angelenroute »

Wow, very cool picture! Thanks for sharing!

-Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
Real Geordie
Ballet Girl

Re: Empty Victoria Station with NEW view of the VPT

Post by Real Geordie »

By chance a video of this exact same location was uploaded just a few days ago, but shot in October. Exit from the station is via the same archway and there is footage of Victoria Palace. The video is in ultra high definition. Relevant footage ends after 3 minutes or so, but the video continues onwards for over an hour, making its way to Westminster . I was due in London early July to catch a Eurostar train, but that’s off now. Next visit I hope I don’t have to wear a biohazard suit, and the streets are full of people and traffic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14KzPBFTM20

Return to “Ticketing, Theatre, and Visitor information - London”