Hotels & Dining - London

patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Re: Hotels & Dining - London

Post by patc »

kport wrote: Johnny Depp sitting across the aisle from me! Now...how cool is that!
Very 8-). There you go. Even billionaire Johnny Depp prefers to fly with them. :D
QED

Pat
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

patc wrote:
kport wrote: Johnny Depp sitting across the aisle from me! Now...how cool is that!
Very 8-). There you go. Even billionaire Johnny Depp prefers to fly with them. :D
QED

Pat
According to friend I know who live near him, when in France he is very much a local - no airs and graces. He prefers his children to grow up in that environment - of relative innocence and freedom from paparazzi.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Does anyone know the way back to the hotel? ;)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

ERinVA wrote:Does anyone know the way back to the hotel? ;)
LOL! We did get a tad off course.

For what it is worth, I find a number of clubs around St James offer the best rates for an overnight stay. It may be, for those who attended certain US or a UK universities, that you can very cheaply join a university-affiliated club in the Uk or the States with reciprocal affiliation with clubs in London. I did this through a university-affiliated club in Boston (only $20 a year in my case) that allows me access to a dozen or so clubs around Buck House*, several in Boston or NYC, and dozens of clubs around the world. Rooms and meals there are heavily subsidised, compared to local hotels. I can give specifics if anyone messages me, but you have to be a graduate of a participating university.

"Buckingham Palace, for those scratching their heads!
jotunheim
Tall Boy

Post by jotunheim »

For those planning to go over to London in May next year for the anniversary show or a few weeks later when I am there, I just thought I would mention that the Cherry Court Hotel will be closed for the entire month of May 2014. There is a wedding in the family and the owners just decided to shut down for the month.

The front desk lady suggested either the Belgrave House or Jubilee Hotel. Both seem to be about the same in price and review quality from Tripadvisor.

http://www.belgravehousehotel.com/uk/
http://www.jubilee-hotel.co.uk
North American Tour - (15):

Milwaukee, WI - July 2012 - (1): Noah
St. Paul, MN - October 2012 - (4): Ben x2, Zach, Noah
Omaha, NE - December 2012 - (3): Ben x2, Noah
E. Lansing, MI - January 2013 - (3): Mitchell/Ben (split), Drew, Noah
San Diego, CA - May 2013 - (1): Mitchell/Noah (split)
Grand Rapids, MI - June 2013 - (3): Mitchell, Drew, Noah
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

As one who has stayed at the Jubilee Hotel in the past, be warned that they have no lift and no air conditioning (which may not matter as much in May as it did for me when I stayed there during the summer). It's a pretty convenient location to the theatre and on a fairly quiet street, but the rooms are cramped and the beds are marginal (unless they've upgraded in the past couple of years). I usually opt for the Best Western Victoria Palace which does have air conditioning, a lift, and a nice hot breakfast buffet included in the room price. Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel if you like a more quiet room.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I have stayed at the Belgrave House Hotel on umerous occassions and it does not compare with The Cherry Court. There is no air conditioning and if you get one of the front rooms then it can be very noisy.

If you are used to the comfortable surroundings of the Cherry Court then the Belgrave House Hotel may not be your cup of tea.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Current List of Restaurants Near the VPT

Post by porschesrule »

BETMUK has published a listing of restaurants that are near the Victoria Palace Theatre:

http://www.londontown.com/NearByRestaur ... 20Station/
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Last night I had an excellent Fish & Chips dinner at a small restaurant called Friars Inn. It is next to Victoria Coach Station on Elizabeth Street, about half a block from Buckingham Palace Road. It is a fairly small place, and doesn't look like it would amount to very much. I decided to take a chance and am very happy I did. The food was good, and quite affordable. When I complimented the waitress, she told me they had are known as having one of the best fish & chips in the area. I'm not sure how true that reputation is, but I was quite pleased. The restaurant is about ten minutes walk to the VPT.
-Chris
:/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

This story popped up on my "Billy alerts".

Pardon if this hotel has been discussed before. It's described as "right around the corner from the VPT" in the Belgravia section of London. It sounds very elegant and expensive -- but, if you can afford it, a lovely place to stay from the description.

http://www.vannuysnewspress.com/2015/01 ... ince-1910/

Here's a link to the hotel's website:

http://www.thegoring.com/

Return to “Ticketing, Theatre, and Visitor information - London”