Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kylend Hetherington--Billy: US Tour

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks. That makes sense. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

In this article in anticipation of next week's tour stop in Omaha, the journalstar.com features Kylend's BE story:

http://journalstar.com/entertainment/ar ... c2b80.html
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Here's another terrific interview with Kylend as the tour opens in Omaha:

http://www.southwestiowanews.com/counci ... f887a.html

I particularly like this quote from Kylend:

"The hardest thing to figure out his how to get through the show without killing yourself,” joked Kylend, who said the role is so hard, he really had to learn to pace himself to last.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

This tweet from Kat Hennessey confirms what some have suspected, that Kylend will be leaving next week after the Austin stop. Today he had one more opportunity to play Michael.
Kylend just nailed it in his final performance as Michael. Only 2 more performances as Billy left for this brilliant boy!
https://twitter.com/kathennessey
:/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

:( :( :( This will mean that I shall never have seen Kylend play Billy or Michael. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
tzwicky
George

Sad ................

Post by tzwicky »

I never got to see James Lomas as Billy Elliot. Nor Hogan Fulton. Nor Dean McCarthy. Nor Trent Kowalik. Nor Ben Cook

On the other hand, I got to see Ryan Collinson and Liam Mower, and George Maguire (first Billy) and Colin Bates and Kylend Hetherington, among many others, most obviously Leon Cooke and Tom Holland and Corey Snide and both little Travis and big Travis (and liked him "before and after") and Oliver Taylor and Matthew Koon and Tanner Pflueger and Colin Bates and Layton Williams .............

(yeah, that could have gone on forever ........)

tzwicky
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

porschesrule wrote:Billy/Michael/Tall Boy
December
7 - Kylend/Jake/Cameron
8 - (Mat) Ben/Kylend/Jake (Yes, Kylend as Michael :) )
8 - (Eve) Kylend/Jake/Cameron
My this is remarkable! I remember one time Myles played Billy, Michael, and Tall Boy all within the same week. Has anyone ever played both Billy and Michael in the same day before?
:/
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

Having spoken to both Kylend and his mum during their recent weekend in Indianapolis, I knew this moment was soon to be upon us, but of course, refused to be in a position to make any call to the effect.

The leaving of extraordinary and enormously talented young men such as Kylend from the monstrous role of Billy, seems irreplaceable, especially to those of us who have seen the likes of him so many times over the months [andyears]. When one goes on long weekends to see the musical, along with looking forward so enthusiastically to seeing a performer of Kylend's grace and elegance, it really strikes one dumb knowing you will no longer enjoy the emotional lift he constantly provided us and his many audiences.

I shall always profess to be first in line to congratulate Kylend, and to personally thank him for the joyous evenings I watched him as Billy [and Michael]. His leaving for me is no less than losing a close friend, as his impact on BETM will remain foremost in the minds of so many of us.

Respectfully submitted,

Colin W. Stetson
tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Post by tankntonic »

Seeing all the posts about Kylend have made me so sad. He is my most seen and most talked to Billy, and it most surely will leave an enormous vacancy in the touring family after he is gone. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will see him again in Austin next week....I may get Ky's last show and a first show for one of the newbies, that would be so awesome.
I agree with others that he will have a stellar career in acting, we have surely not seen the last of Kylend !!

David

BTW: not much else going on in Austin this week, hotels are quite reasonable ($80 at the Courtyard near the theatre) . If anyone has extra FF miles, this would be a great time to catch a "Billython"
BillyBob
Small Boy

Post by BillyBob »

Got word about Ky while waiting to see Jekyll & Hyde in Dallas last night (great show). Could hardly stay focused the rest of the evening. I've been trying for almost 2 years to see Kylend as Billy and have missed him each time. I have orchestra seats for 4 shows in Austin starting Friday night calculating one of them would be a Kylend performance. Now, I'm scared he may complete his run before I get to see him. I will, of course, cherish any chance to see any Billy and would also welcome the chance to see a Billy's first show. But come on.... can you just hold out till the weekend?

Return to “Cast - N. American/International Tour”