Ben Cook

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ben Cook

Post by ERinVA »

Ben Cook, who was most recently seen in the revival of Ragtime, will step into the role of Michael once David Bologna ends his limited run. He is currently playing tall boy.

http://broadwayworld.com/people/Benjamin_Cook/
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Ben Cook

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Break a leg today Ben in your debut as the newest tall boy. :D
:/
Musical Fanatic
Ballet Girl

Post by Musical Fanatic »

First show down(Wed Mat)and very good. Hopefully many many more to come.
Bre*st Cancer awareness. My
Mom is now a ! year survivor
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Ben reunited with some of the other kids who appeared with him in Ragtime last night, in the annual Born for Broadway charitible event which raises funds for the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation. What a great voice, Ben has, which is currently wasted in his role as Tall Boy in BETM.

The four kids sang "Alone" from "Suessical" and it was captured on video which appears to be public off of Ben's Facebook site:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1548842593953
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Seems I heard that Ben is in training for Michael (or did I dream that somewhere?) At least then he'll get to show off his voice in "Express Yourself."

I felt the same way - about a good singing voice being wasted - when I saw the video of Spencer Milford (current tall boy in the Chicago show) performing "Electricity." It was one of the best singing performances I've heard a kid do of that song, and I remember thinking it was a shame we couldn't hear him show off his talent more . . .. unless you're fortunate enough to be at one of the rare performances where he plays Michael.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Todd wrote:Seems I heard that Ben is in training for Michael (or did I dream that somewhere?)

As Tall Boy, Ben is the u/s for Michael, so he does have the training. Whether he'll ever get to play the role full-time -- who knows?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

He has played Michael at least once, I believe.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

ERinVA wrote:He has played Michael at least once, I believe.
I don't think he has. I went back through the BETMNY twitter all the way back to July 7th, which was Ben's debut as tall boy. Since then the only non-Michaels to play Michael were Kylend and Dayton.
:/
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

This guy stood out for me, no other tall boy has done that yet, i just wanted to make a comment because there's not much to do with this role, but he was brilliant!
x
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Ben Cook's dad has tweeted that Ben taped an episode of "30 Rock" this morning and then went on to do the BETM matinee on Broadway. As Mr. Cook put it two professional performing jobs in one day ain't bad for a 12-year-old :lol:

We'll be on the lookout for when that episode of "30 Rock" will air and post it here for those who may be interested.

Return to “Cast - N. American/International Tour”