Faith Prince - Mrs. Wilkinson, US Tour

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Faith Prince - Mrs. Wilkinson, 2nd National Tour

Post by porschesrule »

This article in the Sacramento Bee talks about hometown girl Faith Prince starring in BETM when it begins at the end of June in San Francisco:

http://blogs.sacbee.com/ticket/archives ... est%20News
gpcolo
George

Re: Faith Prince - Mrs. Wilkinson, US Tour

Post by gpcolo »

Good piece on Faith Prince with some interesting insights on herself, Mrs. W., and Maggie Thatcher.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/artattack ... lly_el.php
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Faith was interviewed by phone, while the Tour was still in Houston, for this article in the East Valley Tribune. The paper covers the Phoenix, Arizona area and appears in today's edition to promote the Tour's stop in Tempe at ASU Gammage April 26 through May 8, 2011:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/ ... a135b.html
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Faith has a decidedly different take on the role of Mrs. Wilkinson than all other Mrs. Ws I've seen. There are few situations where a conversation makes more sense like "come after school - nobody else need know". It did as yet seem to me a little far-fetched when Billy then wondered whether she would fancy him. The way Faith puts this sentence lets Billy's reaction seem more believable.
I also like her in the kitchen scene   that leads to 'Angry Dance' when she's already in and then with an 'oops-face-expression' and roguish smile asks "May I come in?"
The funniest part is when she's about to tell them "this might be a little difficult for yous to understand...! She prepares her pose carefully - nose high up and speakes that sentence affectedly, snottily and slowly as like a teacher to little children .
I am absolutely enthused !
Looking forward for more shows here in Portland!
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

thm wrote:Faith has a decidedly different take on the role of Mrs. Wilkinson than all other Mrs. Ws I've seen. There are few situations where a conversation makes more sense like "come after school - nobody else need know". It did as yet seem to me a little far-fetched when Billy then wondered whether she would fancy him. The way Faith puts this sentence lets Billy's reaction seem more believable.
I also like her in the kitchen scene   that leads to 'Angry Dance' when she's already in and then with an 'oops-face-expression' and roguish smile asks "May I come in?"
The funniest part is when she's about to tell them "this might be a little difficult for yous to understand...! She prepares her pose carefully - nose high up and speakes that sentence affectedly, snottily and slowly as like a teacher to little children .
I am absolutely enthused !
Looking forward for more shows here in Portland!
I totally agree with everything you mentioned about her. It's very difficult to describe these nuances in words so I didn't bother trying, but you nailed it. Her comic timing is just superb and gets the crowd rolling with laughter every time.

Perhaps you could post some reviews of the shows you've seen in the Portland Reviews thread? hint hint

And btw, I was hoping you would stop by my seat and say hi last night. What are you anti-social? :lol:
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

dongringo wrote:...Perhaps you could post some reviews of the shows you've seen in the Portland Reviews thread? hint hint

And btw, I was hoping you would stop by my seat and say hi last night. What are you anti-social? :lol:
Too bad !!! I wasn't expecting you to go before saturday. I only posted once when I found that "Backspace" internet cafe. After that I was forum-blind as my motel had no computer and I didn't seem to find any other internet cafe nearby. But I'm shure you enjoyed the show anyway.
At the moment I experience the consequences of a lady with a bad bronchitis coughing at me incessantly all 10 hours on the flight to Portland. I'll be posting later this week.
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

thm wrote:
dongringo wrote:...Perhaps you could post some reviews of the shows you've seen in the Portland Reviews thread? hint hint

Too bad !!! I wasn't expecting you to go before saturday. I only posted once when I found that "Backspace" internet cafe. After that I was forum-blind as my motel had no computer and I didn't seem to find any other internet cafe nearby. But I'm shure you enjoyed the show anyway.
At the moment I experience the consequences of a lady with a bad bronchitis coughing at me incessantly all 10 hours on the flight to Portland. I'll be posting later this week.
I figured as much about you not getting my post in time for the show. The Thursday show was very good, but the Sat evening show blew it away. Hope you had a nice time here. I look forward to your reviews.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
gpcolo
George

Post by gpcolo »

As listed on her web site, Faith will be skipping the four week Denver stop. In her place will be Chicago Billy Elliot veteran Susie McMonagle. Faith will be performing two shows with the Sacramento Philharmonic during that time.

http://www.faithprince.com/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Faith will be performing with the Sacramento Philharmonic tomorrow at 8 pm.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/05/20/363736 ... adway.html
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
gpcolo
George

Post by gpcolo »

Faith talks about performing in Billy Elliot and coming home to Northern California:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... erformance

Return to “Cast - N. American/International Tour”