Ty Forhan: Billy - Toronto and International Tour

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Ty Forhan

Post by kport »

Ty is just starting what may be his last performance as Billy. I recall seeing Ty in Orlando in February 2012 and was blown away - was it that long ago? - so I was happy to hear that he was to rejoin the Tour in Brazil. Thanks, Ty, for so many wonderful performances, and good luck in your future endeavors!
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

I had the privilege of seeing Ty a number of times and was always impressed with his professionalism. He took command of the stage and immersed himself in to the character with amazing intensity. Singing and dancing his heart out, he was a great Billy. I too am glad he had the chance to do it a few more times and also wish I was there to see him one more time. I join with other forum members in wishing Ty all the best for whatever lurks in his future.
tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Post by tankntonic »

If only Ty (and others) would look at these reviews.
Ditto to the above comments about TY Forhan, my only Ty encounter was in St. Louis at the wonderful Fox theatre, and it was one of the best night in a theatre ever for me. He just owned the stage, and his electricity was so athletic yet graceful, that I was blown away. I was planning on seeing him again, but he left the show soon thereafter with virtually no notice.
Good luck Ty, in whatever you do in the future.
Here is a picture of TY and Mitch on Jean Marie Hufford's Instagram page laughing at how Mitchell is playing Billy to Ty's tall boy, and Mitch can barely reach Ty to punch him out in the RBS scene.
http://instagram.com/p/dH7y8XgbSF/
kadu
Small Boy

Post by kadu »

tankntonic wrote:If only Ty (and others) would look at these reviews.
Here is a picture of TY and Mitch on Jean Marie Hufford's Instagram page laughing at how Mitchell is playing Billy to Ty's tall boy, and Mitch can barely reach Ty to punch him out in the RBS scene.
I was there yesterday when this scene happened. It was indeed funny... but Ty played it in a comedic way that made the scene work.
Lightman7
Small Boy

Post by Lightman7 »

tankntonic wrote:If only Ty (and others) would look at these reviews.
Young teenage boys have much different priorities in their lives than adults do. There isn't really any reason to expect them to read this forum. And even if they did, they wouldn't post for privacy reasons.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Although the kids don't post on here, you might be surprised at how many of them and their families actually read this forum. 8-)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
debbiefan
Tall Boy

Post by debbiefan »

ERinVA wrote:Although the kids don't post on here, you might be surprised at how many of them and their families actually read this forum. 8-)
also fan pages too, like I use to run Kylend Fan Page(fan, not official) on facebook, I have talk to one of his uncle. Some people that actually know Kylend always gets our mixed up, like they will send a messsage to me saying hey we'll be in town soon or something, and I always have to tell them that this isn't him. I even give them link to the right page where he or one of his family members run it.
Billly ELliot
Denver: Lex as Billy Griffin as Michael and River as Tall Boy
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

Ty is at the Jump Dance convention in Buffalo. See the posting in Julian's thread.
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

Well, the 9th Anniversary show is a memory. Now, on to the next big Billy Elliot show where you get to see two former Billys and numerous other highly-talented dancers at the Elite Danceworx year-end show! I just bought my ticket for my third time attending. This is not your ordinary dance school recital. The dancing, choreography, and lighting design is a cut above. It is truly a moving performance. You will see Julian Elia and Ty Forhan. Buy your tickets today. They go fast! The show runs four performances, June 5-7; search for "DANCEWORX 2014" on the ticket page.
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

Julian and Ty along with others from Elite Danceworx appear as background dancers in the American Girl movie Isabelle Dances Into the Spotlight. You can catch glimpses of them in this behind the scenes video, in particular starting at 4:50. Kolton Stewart, who appears with Myles in some music videos on YouTube, is also in the movie.

Return to “Cast - N. American/International Tour”