Seth Judice - Michael, Memphis. Billy, Beck Ctr, PHX, Wh..lk

andrewcraig
Tony

Re: Seth Judice - Michael, Memphis. Billy, Beck Ctr, PHX, Wh..lk

Post by andrewcraig »

When the 13-year-old bounded up on stage to receive the award for outstanding musical performance by an actor for Wheelock Family Theatre’s “Billy Elliot the Musical,” a box was quickly brought out for him to stand on.

The last para for the report

https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/theate ... story.html
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Seth Judice is about to experience his fourth time playing the title role in "Billy Elliot," soon to show at the Historic Palace Theatre in Lockport.

The 13-year-old native Texan — he’s from Houston and traveled to Lockport to play this role — has been in this show five times. The last time, he portrayed Michael, Billy’s best friend.
http://www.lockportjournal.com/news/loc ... ec0d8.html
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Seth is already an experienced Billy. Here's his bio on the Historic Palace Theatre Lockport's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/HistoricPalace ... =3&theater
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

I had distinct privilege, I emphasize again word "privilege", of seeing the incredible Seth Judice in the role of Billy at the final show in the Palace Theater, Lockport New York. I was absolutely "blown away" with his amazing performance. I saw Seth a number of times back at Wheelock in Boston and so I was anticipating a wonderful performance. However his performance Sunday was beyond wonderful, it was almost beyond words. Seth plays a very innocent, vulnerable Billy with an amazing charm, which absolutely captivated the audience. If there is such a thing as a perfect individual performance, this was it. The singing, the acting, the dancing the whole package was very special. The frosting on the cake for me was his "Electricity" which I must say was hands down the best I have ever seen. I have seen many live, and countless videos. I have not seen one better. The singing, just beautiful, his ballet, classic, elegant,and polished. I have always loved dazzling aerials in the mix for Electricity and Seth provided some that rival a floor exercise at the Olympics. His final series done with astounding height brought a loud gasp from the audience only to have him finish with a flurry of pirouettes an spins. It was jaw-dropping I have never seen anything like it. I will never forget. Congratulations Seth you had a great run.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I must heartily echo Joe's comments above. Seth has been an amazing Billy and true triple threat of astonishing power and skill for his thirteen years. After having seen this show many times (Sunday's finale saw my tally reach a new century), Seth's performance of Electricity stands out as among the best I have seen in this show.

We, in North America, now face a predicament that few, if any among us, predicted when the Tour left our shores in June 2013: that there would be more wonderful Billys out there than there are the few available productions for them. I have no doubt that Seth will continue to wow audiences, whether as Billy, or as Evan Goldman, or in another role that will suit his amazing talent.

Return to “Cast - Lockport”