Weston Drama Workshop
http://www.westondramaworkshop.org
07/13/2017 to 07/30/2017
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Regis College Casey Theatre - Weston MA - 07/13 - 07/30/2017

Post by kport »

This appears to be confirmation that this show will be taking place, although exact dates remain uncertain (most likely between July 13th to 29th, 2017):

http://framinghamsource.com/index.php/2 ... ly-elliot/
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

The show will run July 14-22, just five performances.

http://www.westondramaworkshop.org/showtimes/
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

The cast has been announced. http://www.westondramaworkshop.org/billy-elliot/

Billy: Cam Levesque
Michael Caffrey: John Fumia
Debbie Wilkinson: Addison Oken
Small Boy: Michael Mansour
Tall Boy (Michael u/s): Liam Lurker
Posh Boy (Kevin): Jackson Pfeiffer
Dad: Jonathan Champion
Tony: Jackson Schwartz
George: Stav Hinenzon
Mrs. Wilkinson: Grace Graham
Grandma: Kat Lawrence
Mr. Braithwaite: Ryan Baker
Dead Mum: Emma Hagan
Lesley:
Clipboard Woman: Alex Magee

Ballet Girls:
Alison Summers: Adriana Korbly
Keeley Gibson: Charlotte Varga
Angela Robson: Lily Gavin
Julie Hope: Marisol Saenz
Karen Davidson: Talia Wesson
Sharon Percy: Grace Glionna – Dance Captain (F)
Margaret Gormley: Jenna Eiten
Tina Harmer: Caitlyn Luria
Tracy Atkinson: Emi Rodes
Susan Parks: Avery Golub
Ashley Wilkes: Casey Monteiro

Miners:
Miner/George: Stav Hinenzon
Miner/Big Davey: Bobby Lovett
Miner/Scab: Matthew Lorence
Miner/Mr. Wilkinson: Declan Tellier
Miner/Pit Supervisor:
Miner/Posh Dad: Andrew Dutile
Miner/Older Billy/Dancer: Nolan Allen – Dance Captain (M)
Miner: Thomas Sasdi
Miner: Paul Fantozzi
Miner: Connor Pierce

Women’s Ensemble:
Mollie Ackerley
Juliet Cable
Stacey Caira
Amanda Dye
Anna Fantozzi
Catarina Martins
Margaux McCaughey
Juliana Miller
Michelle Moran
Sadie Noone
Chloe Olwell
Joslin Pettingell
Anika Reichelt
Marielle Sciore
Bridget Sherman
Vanessa Smith-Boyle
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Here's a great review of the show on the page of Tony's Corner, a New England theatre reviewer.

https://www.facebook.com/tonyscorner123 ... 8335871576
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

Get ready to be amazed! Here is a promotional video. I cannot believe there are only a few shows.

Weston Drama Workshop is a nonprofit youth theatre organization established to provide participants an extraordinary education in and appreciation of live theatre. We cultivate a caring, respectful, collaborative environment that encourages those involved to attain their highest levels of excellence – both onstage and behind the scenes – in professionally directed, fully realized theatrical productions. The culmination of affordable, engaging performances enriches our community and fosters lifelong friendships through the creation and celebration of dramatic art.

Billy is 10-with a big voice
https://youtu.be/6Q7NnZQHxws
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I will spare a long review, and instead simply state several points:

-this production exceeded every expectation I had for it. It is not a 'school' or 'youth' production - it holds its own with the best regional non-professional BETM productions I have seen.

-unlike most non-prof regionals, this one is true to the traditional version: only flying is omitted. The language is 100% the original. Three hours, start to finale.

-watch out for Cam Levesque. This tiny ball of fire gave an amazing performance as Billy. He is 10.

-there is nothing like sitting among an audience of 600+ who are obviously friends, family and theatre enthusiasts. The energy was like a Trump rally, only far, far more pleasant.

See this, if you can. One performance left (Sat 7/22).
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

I must echo bills review. Surprise surprise surprise. I was not at all what I expected. Yes it can stand tall with any professional regional production. These people really really know what they are doing.

Cam Levesque is a little dynamo. Only 10 years old, and looking like he's eight years old. Wonderful actor great facial expressions, very animated, beautiful voice, decent dancer. This kid has great potential.

I posted a video earlier on this thread - check it out.
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

I returned Saturday night for the final show at Regis College theater. I was so very impressed last Thursday, and so taken by young 10-year-old Cam Levesque but I had to catch this fantastic production one more time. This is probably seen as a high school production. HOWEVER other than the fact that there was no one over the age of 22 it was in my estimation a thoroughly extraordinary production on a par with any professional regional production I have seen. The sets, the orchestra, all of the young cast, and especially Cameron Levesque as Billy were all extraordinary. Cameron was an absolute joy to watch. He took command of the stage, was confident and polished. His incredible natural acting was truly extraordinary. His absolutely beautiful singing voice gave me goosebumps. This young man has a great future in the theater. As they say he was born to be on stage. That was very obvious. Congratulations Cam
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Wow! The final performance last Saturday knocked the ball of of the park. The entire cast was electrified (a point made to me be a member of the orchestra) and delivered three hours of non-stop excellence (it is so refreshing to watch this show in almost its original, unexpurgated form - a rarity among regionals). Special shout outs go to Mrs Wilkinson and the Ballet Girls, who were amazing in Shine, Mr Braithwaite in Born to Boogie, Grandma and her song, Dad and Tony in their emotional struggles, and the entire ensemble in Solidarity. But the one everyone was focused upon was Cameron, whose portrayal of Billy was such that one regrets that this production has to end so soon. There is no question that anyone so young with such a natural stage presence will be seen again and again on stage. Congratulation to the youthful cast, the techs and stage crew, the orchestra, and especially the choreographer and director, who delivered a truly wonderful show. I must add a special shout out to the casts of the other shows being produced concurrently at Weston - their loud and enthusiastic support made that performance seem more like a Billy rock concert than a musical!

Return to “Chat About US School Productions”