Finding Neverland

tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Re: Finding Neverland

Post by tankntonic »

Was able to go to Tucson last week and see Finding Neverland again in the final week of the tour.
It just seems to get better every time I go.I must agree with atreyu about Turner Birthisel, he has grown as a performer so much in a year. He was Peter in one show and Jack in the other of the two I was able to see.It is astounding to me that these young guys can play three or four roles and switch back and forth every night.
I am sad that the tour has ended, but look forward to seeing the new, non-equity tour next fall.

There have been rumors of the show opening in London some day, that would be worth the trip across the pond for me.

Plenty of You Tube videos available for anyone who might be curious.
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

My travel schedule only allowed attending the Sunday shows and it is a big regret I couldn't make it on Saturday. Glad to see that at least tankntonic got to experience the magic of the whole final weekend and Turner as Peter.

A few notes on the finale. As we have seen at other closing shows, there was good evidence the cast was intent on exiting on as high a note that they could muster. Seemed like kissing was one part of that. Mr. Cromer usually mimes the kisses for J.M. Barrie when the ensemble gathers in Charles Frohman's office for the expected reading of the new play. This time the kisses were real.

Also when Captain Hook offers to kiss Sylvia after the first rehearsal and J. M. Barrie is shooing him away, Hook playfully tosses J. M. Barrie a kiss.

The most impressive achievement of the performance was an incredible feat by the crew. The microphone for J.M. Barrie somehow got damaged at just the wrong time about 2/3 of the way through Act 1. It functioned to a point, but it sounded like Will Ray was communicating via telephone because of microphone distortion. The failure occurred when J. M. Barrie visits the Llewellyn Davies residence for the boys' bedtime. Could not be worse timing since J. M. Barrie never leaves the stage for the rest of Act 1 after that, performing four songs in that time, three of them in quick succession. I was dreading how it would sound with that microphone in the thrilling Act 1 climax Stronger.

Rather than stopping the performance, the crew managed a fast microphone switch that I believe saved the show. In the time it took Will Ray to walk from upstage (Charles Frohman's office) to where he surprises Lord Cannan and Mary, he had a new working microphone in place. Could not have been more than a 5 second window and they pulled it off. Big shout out to the FN crew.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

atreyu wrote:The most impressive achievement of the performance was an incredible feat by the crew. The microphone for J.M. Barrie somehow got damaged at just the wrong time about 2/3 of the way through Act 1. It functioned to a point, but it sounded like Will Ray was communicating via telephone because of microphone distortion. The failure occurred when J. M. Barrie visits the Llewellyn Davies residence for the boys' bedtime. Could not be worse timing since J. M. Barrie never leaves the stage for the rest of Act 1 after that, performing four songs in that time, three of them in quick succession. I was dreading how it would sound with that microphone in the thrilling Act 1 climax Stronger.

Rather than stopping the performance, the crew managed a fast microphone switch that I believe saved the show. In the time it took Will Ray to walk from upstage (Charles Frohman's office) to where he surprises Lord Cannan and Mary, he had a new working microphone in place. Could not have been more than a 5 second window and they pulled it off. Big shout out to the FN crew.
Great shoutout. Well done, crew!

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee

Return to “Discuss Other Touring Shows - US/International”