The Chicago Billys

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

The Chicago Billys

Post by Billy Whiz »

The 3 boys who will play Billy have been announced today.

Tommy Batchelor from Florida, Giuseppe Bausilio from Switzerland and Cesar Corrales who is from Canada by way of Mexico and Cuba.

It looks as if all three boys will be Ballet Billys.

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/ ... ater_loop/
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
pexcornel
Miner

Re: The Chicago Billys

Post by pexcornel »

I was sure that they would move Tommy there, they need an experienced guy, as they needed Trent.
Tanner x3; Fox x4; Ollie x3; Brad x2; Tom x4.
bubsycm
Debbie

Post by bubsycm »

Billy Whiz wrote:
Tommy Batchelor
I recognise that name! :D

Congrats to them all. How international!
Charlotte x
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Finally Tommy will get the recognition that he so richly deserves. Even in the newspaper article above they called him an understudy in New York and I don't think he has been one for months now.

It says that the other two boys have not even seen the show yet. I wonder what they will make of it.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
pexcornel
Miner

Post by pexcornel »

I don't like that at all, that they call him like that, I never saw him but from the reviews here he is 100% Billy.

This is gonna be a real challenge for the production team but on the good side, they can move them around easily if they need to. I guess they must get ready a NY Billy too now.
jillmichael
Tall Boy

Post by jillmichael »

I don't see how this is good for Tommy. Wouldn't Chicago be a step-down from Broadway? No offense meant to anyone in the Chicago production, but Broadway is the be-all-end-all of theatre (at least to most people).

I wish Tommy was staying in New York :( But as long as he's happy, then I guess I'm happy. He sure is a brilliant Billy.

On a positive note, maybe they can go on Oprah to promote the show! :D
pexcornel
Miner

Post by pexcornel »

Well he was and still is on Broadway, he'll always have that. He will finally get a lot of publicity now. Plus the experience, meeting new people, etc. I think it's all for the best.

I think he will stay performing on Broadway while the other Chicago boys train. They will probably train in NY too.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

jillmichael wrote:I don't see how this is good for Tommy. Wouldn't Chicago be a step-down from Broadway? No offense meant to anyone in the Chicago production, but Broadway is the be-all-end-all of theatre (at least to most people).

I wish Tommy was staying in New York :( But as long as he's happy, then I guess I'm happy. He sure is a brilliant Billy.

On a positive note, maybe they can go on Oprah to promote the show! :D
I definitely agree that Tommy is a brilliant Billy! I am happy to see him get to be the anchor of this new production. Now if they will just quit referring to him as an understudy, :evil: I will be even happier.

Chicago is turning into a HUGE theatre town, which is no doubt why the producers chose if for the next US production of Billy. There are at least FIVE shows from Chicago moving to Broadway next season, as did August Osage County two seasons ago.

And yes, I imagine the boys will show up on Oprah. She would be missing something great if she didn't have them on.
pexcornel wrote:Well he was and still is on Broadway, he'll always have that. He will finally get a lot of publicity now. Plus the experience, meeting new people, etc. I think it's all for the best.
I think he will stay performing on Broadway while the other Chicago boys train. They will probably train in NY too.
I think all the Billy training will be centralized in NY. Until the rest of the Chicago cast is chosen, I imagine they will continue training there, and then move to Chicago once the cast is in place to work with them in putting the show together.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Justin
Tall Boy

Post by Justin »

Congratulations to all the kids. So international!

Can I just ask though - was Tommy not listed as an understudy before?? Like officially, which is presumably why some refer to him as such?
No offense meant to anyone in the Chicago production, but Broadway is the be-all-end-all of theatre (at least to most people).
:shock: Make sure you mention that if you're ever watching a play at the RSC or the National the next time you're in London, lol. :lol:
Red's my colour
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Justin wrote:Can I just ask though - was Tommy not listed as an understudy before?? Like officially, which is presumably why some refer to him as such?
Yes Tommy was the understudy when the show opened but he then joined the full rotation with the other boys.

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - Chicago”