Hello!

A place for new members to introduce themselves
almostballet
Audience Member

Hello!

Post by almostballet »

Hello! I´d like to introduce myself. My name´s Vlasta. I´m from the Czech Republic. When I was young, I took some preparatory ballet lessons and I liked it, but I didn´t continue for medical reasons. I still watch ballet on TV from time to time.

A few years ago my son discovered an "Electricity" video clip with Liam Mower on YouTube. He was impressed by it, although he doesn´t like ballet that much. I was impressed much more, of course.

We both intend to go to London to visit a theatre. Because my son would really like to see Oliver! and Oliver! closes on 8th January, so there isn´t much time left, Oliver! is our first choice now. If everything goes well, I may succeed in persuading him to see Billy Elliot sometime next year.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello!

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum, Vlasta. :D We hope you enjoy it here.

Would it be possible for you to see two shows during your trip? If not, I hope you get to see BETM soon.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Welcome Vlasta. When you come to London why not take in Billy Elliot at the matinee and Oliver in the evening? That way you are "killing two birds with one stone".

Enjoy the forum.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
BILLYFAN
Debbie

Post by BILLYFAN »

Welcome to the forum
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Welcome aboard, and if you can possibly manage it, see both shows. You will NOT be disappointed, and nor will your son!

Enjoy the show and the forum.
maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
almostballet
Audience Member

Post by almostballet »

ERinVA wrote:Would it be possible for you to see two shows during your trip? If not, I hope you get to see BETM soon.
Well, as we are very inexperienced travellers (neither of us has been to Britain), we would like to keep our trip to London as simple as possible from the logistical point of view. That means setting out early in the morning, coming to London (Heathrow) at about one o´clock p.m., getting to the Theatre Royal Drury Lane, seeing Oliver!, coming back to the airport and so on. Of course, our schedule can´t be too tight, because our plane can be delayed. We intend not to look for accomodation in London.

Return to “New Members”