I can't really explain it

A place for new members to introduce themselves
Yorkie
Miner

I can't really explain it

Post by Yorkie »

Hello all.

Chalk up one more victim to the Billy bug.

Now, I'm not a fan of the theatre. I had previously been to two shows in all my years. The first time was when I was in my teens and visiting my big sister who had a job in The City (London to non-UK readers). She took me to see South Pacific at the Prince of Wales theatre. Now this was in the 80's so a boy wasn't supposed to like those types of things. So, of course, I told everybody I hated it but actually I quite enjoyed it :lol: The second time was a play that turned out to be the dullest three hours of my life - I counted every light in the ceiling several times over (actually now I think about it I did take a girl on a date to the movies and she picked Moulin Rouge! Now that was dull). So, not really a musical/theatre fan, I mean I've never seen Grease :shock:

Anyway, last month to celebrate my new freedom (miserable new existence as a single bloke) I decide to leave the wilds of Yorkshire for the dizzy excitement of the big smoke. Whippets in the kennels, pigeon loft closed up & pork pies packed I headed to London. As a nod to culture I decided to take in a show and (obviously) picked Billy. I was aware of the 'hype' and I loved the movie so I figured I'd probably like it.

Probably like it :lol: Who am I kidding? loved it. I'd forked out £95 quid for a premium stall seat and didn't regret a penny of it (I figured based on my previous history that I'd only be going once so thought I could justify the expense). Other than seeing clips of Electricity and Angry dance the show was completely new to me. I couldn't believe how small Aaron was when he walked passed me in the final scene - on stage he was huge, in real life he looked incredibly fragile.

My train home the next day was in the evening and I figured I could fit in the Saturday matinee (£65 I wasn't planning to spend), dash back to the hotel, pick up my gear and make it to Kings Cross for my ride home. I made it with 10 minutes to spare, covered in sweat but rewarded by a performance from Dean.

Fast forward a month and I was coming back to London for a Friday concert. I changed my plans and came down a day earlier (last night) and booked both Thursday shows. By some stroke of luck I managed to catch the other two Billy's so four shows in I have the complete current London set :D

So, is that the end of my Billy addiction? Well, I'm doing a day trip in January for two shows, and I have a further 9 booked for March :oops: Bring it on my friends, bring it on 8-)
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: I cant really explain it

Post by Billy Whiz »

Oh dear Yorkie - it sounds like you have the Billy bug really badly. It's reassuring to know you are not by yourself though :D

Welcome to the forum.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

Welcome to the forum Yorkie! Your Billy story sounds a lot lke the stories of most other forum members. In my case I also went to see the show because of all the hype and because I loved the film but I thought I'd hate it 'cos I couldn't believe that particular movie could be turned into a musical :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't believe how lucky you are, though. 4 shows and all 4 Billies!!! With your luck one of the tickets you have booked will be for a first night of a new Billy!
Oh and I guess now that you are becoming a regular you will turn to the cheap 19 pound seats like the rest of us :D :D
Hope to hear from you regularly!
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

Welcome to the forum, Yorkie! :D Very familiar story. Once I saw the show for the first time, I got hit with the 'Billy bug'. Five years later and there's no sign of it going away.

Rich
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Welcome to the Forum, Yorkie.

Hope your time here is enjoyable and that you'll post often.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Whippets in the kennels, pigeon loft closed up & pork pies packed I headed to London.
LOVE IT!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, I saw it the first time and the rest was history! :D

Glad to have you on the forum, Yorkie.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Welcome aboard Yorkie, and enjoy the ride! And the show... And the forum!

maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

Another great Billy story - thanks Yorkie.

Nice to know you have the bug - makes the rest of us feel normal :roll:

Have a great time at the show and of course here on the Forum
Cheers

Brad
BILLYFAN
Debbie

Post by BILLYFAN »

Welcome to the forum,yorkie
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

Hi
Welcome to the forum, Yorkie, Thats is just how I got the Billy Bug, that was in January 2009. The Billy on that performance was Tom Holland, he's to blame!!

Barry in Bridlington

Return to “New Members”