Chat about other shows here
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: Hairspray

Post by Billy Whiz »

You are quite correct Muppet

http://www.whatsonstage.com/news/theatr ... 8+Mar.html

Micky Doolenz is taking over as Wilbur until it closes.

http://westend.broadwayworld.com/articl ... Y_20100129
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

Off to Hairspray today, for matinee performance. :D

This was my Niece's Xmas treat.
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Went to the final show of 'Hairspray' at the Shaftesbury theatre. The vast majority of the current cast were finishing and a new cast are about to embark on a UK tour.

There were a LOT of VERY obsessed Hairspray fanatics sitting all around us in the front of the stalls and it was quite amusing seeing their enthusiasm!! Plenty of cheering and screaming throughout the whole show and a bit of singing along too.

The cast were on fire and very emotional. During Sharon D Clarkes (Motormouth) superbly powerful rendition of 'I know Where I've Been', Little Inez starting crying, then Tracey started, then Link, then the Dynamites......by the end of the song all the girls sitting on the front two rows of the stalls were all blubbering too!

The finale number "You Can't Stop the Beat" was extended, the audience were on their feet singing and dancing along.

The Resident Director read a message from the American Director Jack O'Brian, and comedian Brian Conley (Edna Turnblad) delivered thanks and speeches. More tears from the cast followed. Brian cracked a few jokes and also thanked all the regular fans of the show, making particular mention of all those who had camped out overnight....concluding with the comment "you guys need to get a life!" which got a few laughs!

A great night and lots of photos!
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Ex-BETM cast member Gillian Kirkpatrick will be playing Velma Von Tussle in the Hairspray UK tour!

http://www.hairspraythetour.com/cast-member.php?id=12

See you in Manchester Gillian!! ;) :D
*Lottie*
Tony

Post by *Lottie* »

off to the tour in Sunderland (enemy territory :shock: ) on Friday :)
Charlotte

The Musical Vs The Film - " there's more depth & passion to it" - Scott Mckenzie 9.3.11
06nanderson
Audience Member

Post by 06nanderson »

The UK Tour of this show is just absoloutley amazing, I saw it 7 times in Plymouth :shock: Its amazing.... :)

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - UK”