Christmas Shows & Pantomines

Chat about other shows here
Muppet
Michael

Christmas Shows & Pantomines

Post by Muppet »

Have you been to see any good Christmas shows or pantomimes this season?

I went to see perhaps one of the most expensive and lavish Christmas shows ever tonight.

Irving Berlin's: 'White Christmas'
at The Lowry Theatre, Salford

At £39 a ticket this was no cheap production!

A superb cast including:
- Aled Jones
- Adam Cooper (aka Older Billy in the film Billy Elliot!)
- Suzanne Shaw (Dancing on Ice, Hear'say, Chicago)
- Louise Plowright
- Roy Dotrice

....Add to them a huge 'big band' style orchestra who were just amazing, some superb sets / scenery & costumes, a wonderful score, plus dozens of dazzling dance numbers....and you've got the ingredients for an awesome evenings entertainment!

I highly recommend this show, I loved it and am now truly in the Christmas spirit!!
Finale
Former Admin

Re: Christmas Shows & Pantomines

Post by Finale »

Hackney Empire always does a good one. I saw its pantomime in 2007 (in which it got 5 stars) and I am seeing it again this year.

The main star in it is Clive Rowe ('Duke from Tracy Beaker') who plays the dame. He has an amazing singing voice!

This year they are doing Aladin (http://www.hackneyempire.co.uk/1216/shows/aladdin.html)
billymadxx
Audience Member

Post by billymadxx »

Finale wrote:Hackney Empire always does a good one. I saw its pantomime in 2007 (in which it got 5 stars) and I am seeing it again this year.

The main star in it is Clive Rowe ('Duke from Tracy Beaker') who plays the dame. He has an amazing singing voice!

This year they are doing Aladin (http://www.hackneyempire.co.uk/1216/shows/aladdin.html)
He was in Carousel, along with Joanna Riding - both wonderful singers
Chas97
Audience Member

Post by Chas97 »

A bit late I know but I was one of the kids in the 2009/2010 King's Theatre production of 'Aladdin' in Glasgow. :D
My Billy track record...
NOBODY x0 !! I win !!!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum, Chaz97.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

I've just come back from seeing Hollywood sex symbol and Baywatch actress PAMELA ANDERSON star as 'Genie of the Lamp' in 'Aladdin' at the Liverpool Empire theatre. She played alongside Les Dennis who was 'Wishee Washee'.

She wore a low cut red sparkly leotard for the whole show....that's it!! Other highlights were her singing 'Genie in a Bottle' and 'Santa Baby'.

Les Dennis provided the jokes, Pamela provided the glamour.

....and the best bit.....having my photo taken with her at the stage door.....I will probably be in dozens of glossy magazines this week as I was standing right next to her when all the paparazzi arrived!! Oh well, maybe they will think I'm her new boyfriend! (I wish!) :P
06nanderson
Audience Member

Post by 06nanderson »

Qdos Pantomimes, normally, for me, supply the best, top class entertainment for Pantomime - I live in Plymouth, and every year Qdos put on a un-forgetable show, this year we have Joe Pasquale in Sleeping Beauty, with special 3D effects, a brand new score written for the show, a new set, and a fantastic supporting cast, it was a huge sucess last year in B'ham. We premiered and launched the UK Tour of White Christmas, and it has been down here twice, amazing show, and no - its no 'cheap' production! :)
*Lottie*
Tony

Post by *Lottie* »

I saw 3 panto's this year. It was werid not dancing in one this christmas
Durham - Cinderella
Newcastle - Robin Hood
Whitley Bay - Snow White.
Charlotte

The Musical Vs The Film - " there's more depth & passion to it" - Scott Mckenzie 9.3.11
*Lottie*
Tony

Post by *Lottie* »

Today I went to Peter Pan starring David Essex at Darlington

Sasi Strallen - former Tracey Atkinson in betm played Tiger Lilly :D
Charlotte

The Musical Vs The Film - " there's more depth & passion to it" - Scott Mckenzie 9.3.11
hammy
Ballet Girl

Post by hammy »

I went to see the Bristol Hippodrome production of Dick Whittington over Christmas. Barbara Winsor starred in it.
I had seen Bristols production the previous year and was drawn back by the amazing standard and of course Andy Ford. He is an absolutely genius comedian. His timing is beyong spot on and his jokes had me laughing for ages.
Unlike the year before, the celebrity performer had a much larger part. Joe Swash was in Snow White last year and i have to say his part was quite minimal. Where as i found Barbara had plenty of stage time. She is absolutely and when she did her little version of Poker Face everyone clapped very loudly.
For me though the star was Andy Ford. You couldn't ask for more from this guy. He just knows how to get the whole audience behind him.
Leon 2/05/07, Josh 28/12/07, Corey 16/06/08, Corey 12/07/08, Layton 28/08/08, Tanner 27/12/08, Fox 4/07/09, Tom 15/08/2009, Tom (5th Anniversary show) - 31/3/2010, Rhys 21/10/10

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - UK”