Hi

A place for new members to introduce themselves
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Hi

Post by maria »

Hi Jana!

I grew up all over Western Europe - I was born a US citizen in Berlin because my parents were working there at the time.

I moved permanently to the US when I went to university, many years ago. I still love coming to Europe though, as I feel it is the home of my childhood. I actually left Berlin when I was 2 years old so I don't have many memories, except when I went back to visit when I was 13. The wall was still up then, and it was a very sobering experience. I am so glad Germany was reunited!

All the best to you!
maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
Jane
Audience Member

Post by Jane »

Hi Maria!

Thank you for your information. :)
It seems like a very special adventure as you grown up! ^^

I don´t know how it feels with the wall, because i was 2 years old as the wall is fallen. But i hate it very much, that the people here still speak about east and west germany!

Best wishes,
Jana
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

My sister's husband was in the Royal Air Force and was stationed at RAF Gatow in Berlin. I visited for 3 summers in the 1960s. Like Maria this was when the wall was still there.

I keep telling myself that I must go back. It will feel strange being able to drive past the Brandenburg Gate - which you could not do in the 1960s.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “New Members”