Cancellation line?

Questions about tickets, seating and accessibility
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cancellation line?

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Is there anyone who has seen shows in Toronto and knows if they would have a cancellation line at the Canon Theatre? If so does it work the same as Broadway theaters, ie: cancellations and unused house seats are released for sale shortly before show time? I have heard many people were successful getting last minute seats in Chicago, but wasn't sure how consistently things are run. Usually box office operations are under the control of the local management.
:/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cancellation line?

Post by ERinVA »

Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

allthatsknown wrote:Main question I want to know is how close the seats are to the stage. I kinda want my family to experience Billy Elliot from the closest seats possible…
Here is a link to the seating map. The seats I believe are being discussed are on the orchestra level, directly below the boxes. They look very much like box seats, in that there are brass railings around these areas to separate them from the rest of the orchestra. While these seats are pretty close to the stage, in my opinion they are very far to the side. They should be considered partial view.

http://www.mirvish.com/My%20Files/Seati ... -canon.pdf
-Chris
:/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

They certainly look like they would be partial view to me.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

Are these tickets like the rush tickets they sold in chicago? I heard that these tickets were pretty nice in Chicago as well. Partial view tickets as just as good in some cases.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

When BE was in Chicago I did purchase a lot of obstructed view seats as they are considerably cheaper and you don't really miss much. And as you said there is a lot of space since people tend to not but obstructed views seats.

Return to “Ticketing & Theatre information - Toronto”