Wicked

Chat about other shows here
ITK
Tall Boy

Re: Wicked

Post by ITK »

I was in Victoria today. The sign is still there. :?
NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

LIAM TAMNE who was u/s for Fiyero and part of ensemble is about to play Link Larkin in Hairspray.
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
MrWestEnd
Ballet Girl

Post by MrWestEnd »

NIKKIE-NIKKIE wrote:LIAM TAMNE who was u/s for Fiyero and part of ensemble is about to play Link Larkin in Hairspray.

:o
Call my self a Wicked fan.
Dont even know the Fyiero understudy! :D
"Merry Christmas Maggie Thatcher, We all celebrate today, Cause it's one day closer to your death" - Billy Elliot the musical - Merry Christmas Maggie Thatcher

"Do you think the wizard is dumb? Or like munchkins so small minded?" - Wicked - The Wizard and I
AJ HOLDEN
Tall Boy

Wicked

Post by AJ HOLDEN »

Wicked - Fri 7th May 10.

Louise Dearman and Rachel Tucker.

Quite depressing to walk past VPT and not go in, particularly as it was Tom in one of his final few performances.
Long over due to see this show and curious when the show had the audacity to beat BE to the peoples' vote at the Olivier Awards.

Overall a magnificent spectacle. Some of the finest singing I have heard on a stage by the female leads. Awesome sets and technically superb. Some funny scenes and comedy timing by Tucker was outstanding.

Yet it didn't float my boat. A felt the story line was weak and fell quite flat after the interval, there was little emotion and I couldn't empathise with any character. I also felt that the songs were too similar. I was looking at my watch before the first hour was out.

Would I go again - No. Would I recommend it to friends - Yes.

However, it must be me, the audience around me were very appreciative and there was a partial standing overation at the end.

Alex
Westletonion
Miner

Post by Westletonion »

A few years ago I saw it twice. I made the mistake of buying an extra ticket before I had seen it once. Although my grand-daughter loved it I was bored to tears and couldn't wait for it to end. Mind you I think it is a must for young teenage girls.
Sophiels
Small Boy

Post by Sophiels »

I have to say that Wicked is quiet honestly my favourite show and Billy Elliot a very close second. I have only seen the London Elphabas to cast an opinion on them.

Idina Menzel is and always will be Elphaba, afte all she was the original in both Broadway and London productions. However I dont think her voice is anything amazing and a couple of her recording, in my opinion, are quiet weak especially for a lead. Kerry Ellis, well what I can really, THE VOICE. Like everyone else has said her Defying Gravity is just the best and I dont think any other person will be able to top this. But it seems to me that Kerry seems a little bored in the roles that I have seen her in, which is Nancy and Elphaba. She doesnt really have the enthusiasm and passion in the role, as someone compared to Rachel Tucker. Rachel is my favourite Elphaba. She has an amazing voice, which is best shown off in No Good Deed, and she always seems to be enjoying herself! Alexia was spell binding she really was, I dont think she got enough credit whilst she was at the Apollo Victoria.

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - UK”