Portland, OR

dongringo
Debbie

Re: Portland, OR

Post by dongringo »

ERinVA wrote:When it comes to San Francisco, you can drop a few subtle hints that they could take you on a road trip to see it again. 8-)
:lol: If only that were possible Ellen...if it only were. Unfortunately, the shows this week will be the only ones possible for some time to come, due to what life has dealt us lately. I love your thinking though. :D

There's just no way I can complain though. I had the privilege of seeing seven incredible shows and was able to experience 4 of them with the two people in my life I'm closest with. And I know that someday I'll experience another Billython. It might not be until the next tour, but it will happen. :D
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
andrewcraig
Tony

Why was the portland show run shortened?

Post by andrewcraig »

I am sure I would have seen it if otherwise was posted, but I thought the show was going for another week. > 24 April
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: why was the portland show run shortened

Post by Billy Whiz »

How strange.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: why was the portland show run shortened

Post by porschesrule »

The Tour schedule is being continually tweeked. There were changes made to the originally announced Seattle and Portland schedules a while ago. In Portland's case the change was noted in the Portland thread on this forum (which is where this question properly belongs also).

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... 602#p50602

While no specific reason was given for the Portland change, some reasons for changing the lengths of runs on Tour stops are the anticipated ticket sales, the need to provide more travel time to move the sets from place to place and the need to build some down time into the schedule every so often to give cast/crew a break, as they are constantly on the road. For the latter, you'll note there have been weeks off built into the schedule after every so many stops (the next one is in June, between Dallas, TX and the long run in San Francisco).
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why was the portland show run shortened?

Post by ERinVA »

I think part of it also has to do with the fact that they added San Francisco to this tour, which was not in the original plan, and the run there is an extended one, so they had to carve out some extra time from some of the other stops.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

dongringo wrote:I had the privilege of seeing seven incredible shows and was able to experience 4 of them with the two people in my life I'm closest with.
It doesn't get any better than that :D
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

Billy Whiz wrote:
dongringo wrote:I had the privilege of seeing seven incredible shows and was able to experience 4 of them with the two people in my life I'm closest with.
It doesn't get any better than that :D
I'm very thankful. :D
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

dongringo wrote: I'm so glad you are having a good time here and enjoying the shows. I'll be there tonight with my mother, but please feel free to say hello if you want. Our seats are:

Orch A, Row PA (front row) seats 4 and 5 (end toward the middle)

If you are staying downtown, you probably already know that the Keller is in the business district of downtown. I suggest taking the Portland Streetcar to the Pearl District and on up to Nob Hill NW 23rd district. Those are the trendy and happening districts with all the great restaurants, bars, etc. Also the streetcar goes right by Powells Books, the largest bookstore in N. America if you are interested. Portland is a great city to explore by foot, streetcar, or light rail train. If you rented a car you probably already know about the Columbia Gorge, Mt. Hood, etc. :D
Too bad I wasn't reading your post before that show. The Powell Bookstore was one of the first things the concierge recommended to me. Have been there. The MAX and streetcar stations (PSU) were right in front of my motel. And best of all : The Keller was only a stone's throw away. Took the aerial tram (amazing view) . Visited the Zoo . And of course was walking around the town, the hill flanks (for hours in the pouring rain :lol:) Comment of a passenger on the MAX: "We're Oregonians, why would we be bothered by some rain?"
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

thm wrote:
dongringo wrote: I'm so glad you are having a good time here and enjoying the shows. I'll be there tonight with my mother, but please feel free to say hello if you want. Our seats are:

Orch A, Row PA (front row) seats 4 and 5 (end toward the middle)

If you are staying downtown, you probably already know that the Keller is in the business district of downtown. I suggest taking the Portland Streetcar to the Pearl District and on up to Nob Hill NW 23rd district. Those are the trendy and happening districts with all the great restaurants, bars, etc. Also the streetcar goes right by Powells Books, the largest bookstore in N. America if you are interested. Portland is a great city to explore by foot, streetcar, or light rail train. If you rented a car you probably already know about the Columbia Gorge, Mt. Hood, etc. :D
Too bad I wasn't reading your post before that show. The Powell Bookstore was one of the first things the concierge recommended to me. Have been there. The MAX and streetcar stations (PSU) were right in front of my motel. And best of all : The Keller was only a stone's throw away. Took the aerial tram (amazing view) . Visited the Zoo . And of course was walking around the town, the hill flanks (for hours in the pouring rain :lol:) Comment of a passenger on the MAX: "We're Oregonians, why would we be bothered by some rain?"
LOL Yeah that Oregonian is just like the rest of us. Can't let a little rain stop you here. :lol:

So glad you had a good time in P town. :D
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”