New restrictions at Imperial Theater

Questions about tickets, seating and accessibility
atreyu
George

New restrictions at Imperial Theater

Post by atreyu »

A new notification being handed out with tickets:

As a result of heightened security in all public places, please avoid bringing packages, luggage, backpacks, etc.., to the theatre, as all packages are subject to inspection and must be checked. There will be a $2.00 charge for each checked package. No outside foods or bottled liquids will be permitted into the theatre.

We also ask that you keep your ticket stub available for inspection at all times. Your cooperation will be sincerely appreciated.

Children under the age of four will not be admitted. All patrons must have a ticket to attend.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New restrictions at Imperial Theater

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for letting us know. I have been surprised that there haven't been security checks of purses, etc., before now. The VP has always done them, but curiously, the last time I was there, they didn't.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Mike
Ballet Girl

Post by Mike »

on more than once i have checked my bags @ the Imperial due to having to leave after the show and have never had any problem. Also i have always taken a bottle of water in with me.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The reason they don't want you to bring food and drink in is the same as with movie theatres. They want to make money from the concessions. A bottle of water purchased there will cost you double what the vendors out on the street will charge you.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Ticketing & Theatre information - Broadway”