BETM Withdrawal Thread

dongringo
Debbie

BETM Withdrawal Thread

Post by dongringo »

Anybody else detoxing? Unite!

It's been 4 months and the symptoms just won't go away. Someone really needs to invent a cure for this. :oops:
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: BETM Withdrawal Thread

Post by kport »

Youtube provides mild relief when needed. But Portland isn't impossibly far from San Francisco!
Yorkie
Miner

Post by Yorkie »

I have managed to see the show every month (except last December) since my first trip in October 2010. I have trips scheduled for August and September but nothing then until December 2011. I'm begining to worry that I wont last from September 15th until December 17th without seeing the show. I find it tough going four or five weeks so the thought of three months leaves me very afraid :?

It's my birthday in November though so maybe I could justify a trip................
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

kport wrote:But Portland isn't impossibly far from San Francisco!
Oh but it is impossibly far. Unfortunately it is.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
paul30003
Ballet Girl

Post by paul30003 »

Yep! detoxing this weekend.

No shows for me.
“The dance is over, the applause subsided

but the joy and feeling will stay with you forever.”

W. M. Tory
ActingDude17
Tall Boy

Post by ActingDude17 »

I haven't seen the show since January. Living in North Carolina, I have to hope the tour comes back around, or else I'll see it in New York someday. The thing is, New York trips are such a commodity for me, I always try to see new stuff when I go. I'm going to have a tough decision to make when I go next year. My drama teacher is picking the two group shows, but the third is entirely my choice. I'd love to see a straight play or The Book of Mormon or Rent, but Billy is definitely in contention too. If I could see Billy every week, I would. It means so, so much to me and I wish I had easier access to it.
UK/Ireland Tour
Billy: Lewis Smallman
Michael: Elliot Stiff

2nd American Tour
Billy: Giuseppe Bausilio, Michael Dameski, Ty Forhan
Michael: Griffin Birney x2, Cameron Clifford
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

dongringo wrote:Anybody else detoxing? Unite!

It's been 4 months and the symptoms just won't go away. Someone really needs to invent a cure for this. :oops:
RehaBILLYtation is a long and lengthy process! ;)
pvmichaels
Small Boy

Post by pvmichaels »

RehaBILLYtation is a long and lengthy process!

This is what I am going through right now as well! I saw it in London in June, New York in August, and I won't see it again until I am in New York in December....I hope I can last and I hope my cd doesn't get worn out!!!

Mike
Broadway-
Billy- Jacob 2x, Joseph 3x, Tade 4x, Peter 4x, Alex 1x, Giuseppe 1x, Julian 2x
Michael- Jake 1x, Cameron 7x, Neil 5x, Jack 4x

North American Tour-
Billy- Daniel 2x, Giuseppe 2x, Kylend 1x, JP 1x, Ty 1x, Zach 1x, Noah 2x, Ben 2x, Mitchell 3x, Drew 1x
Michael- Griffin 2x, Jacob 4x, Cameron 2x, Sam 4x, Jake 4x

London-
Billy- Scott 1x, Ryan 4x, Adam 2x, Harris 5x, Kaine 3x, Harrison 3x, Redman 2x

Michael- Joe M 5x, Connor L 4x, Connor K 4x, Reece 3x, thomas 2x, Jack 2x
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

It's almost a month now for me since I saw it last (I know, some of you think, shut up) and though temptation is poking me in the side, I'm going to try not to think about it. A week from this Friday I'll drive up to Vermont for a nice 10 day vacation, my annual retreat to the lake house in the mountains that I rent with my brother and his wife. That'll bring me into early September and I'm figuring on probably going again in early October. With Godspell and Seminar opening this fall, and RENT a reality once more, I'll probably distract myself from Billy Elliot The Musical just a little bit there too. =)

I'm both frightened and excited about the major cast changes coming soon to Broadway (Dad/Grandma/George). We're approaching the third anniversary, and I hope all new actors will bring all new fans into the show!

Anyway, in solidarity with all of you in withdrawal, especially those who haven't seen it in months or *gasp, is it even possible?* years. I hope that changes sooner than you think!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
paul30003
Ballet Girl

Post by paul30003 »

it's been nearly 2 weeks, so I think ill have to give in to temptation this weekend and get a big hit of BETM
“The dance is over, the applause subsided

but the joy and feeling will stay with you forever.”

W. M. Tory

Return to “Archive”