BETM World Tour

Brad
George

BETM World Tour

Post by Brad »

Ultimately I wanted to ask this question of people

Looking back at the awesome time in 2008 (whoops, I have been back to London since - April 2011, nice wedding!!) I began to ask myself the question of who has seen what shows, in what countries and in what time frame to see if I might hold some sort of record (vanity will kill me). :?

In 2008 I managed the following:

15th September: London and Tom Holland was Billy
1st October: New York Previews and Kiril was Billy
8th October: Sydney and Dayton was Billy.

Thats three shows, on three continents in 23 days.

Yes, I could have done it quicker but just wondering how it stacks up in comparison, knowing full well that Korea is in there as an option for some but that could only tie in with London and USA as Australia was all done and dusted by then.

Humour me people! :lol:
Cheers

Brad
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: BETM World Tour

Post by kport »

Brad wrote:Ultimately I wanted to ask this question of people

Looking back at the awesome time in 2008 (whoops, I have been back to London since - April 2011, nice wedding!!) I began to ask myself the question of who has seen what shows, in what countries and in what time frame to see if I might hold some sort of record (vanity will kill me). :?

In 2008 I managed the following:

15th September: London and Tom Holland was Billy
1st October: New York Previews and Kiril was Billy
8th October: Sydney and Dayton was Billy.

Thats three shows, on three continents in 23 days.

Yes, I could have done it quicker but just wondering how it stacks up in comparison, knowing full well that Korea is in there as an option for some but that could only tie in with London and USA as Australia was all done and dusted by then.

Humour me people! :lol:
Having flown the Pond over 200 times over the past forty years, I will ask you if you have discovered what I haven't:

Is there a way to avoid jet lag???? I got the DVT; how do I avoid jet lag???
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

When I took my Scouts to England, I got up about 20 minutes early every morning for about a month before the trip. Once we got to England, I was already on England time and had no jet lag. It's a time-consuming process and only works if you can adjust your schedule, but it worked for me.
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

I have found that travelling west around the world results in very little jet lag however, flying east certainly leaves me a little worse for wear.

DVT? Yep had one of them - now have medication I take prior to flying - works a treat!
Cheers

Brad
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Brad wrote:I began to ask myself the question of who has seen what shows, in what countries and in what time frame to see if I might hold some sort of record (vanity will kill me). :?
I hate to break it to you, but there are at the least fellow contenders if not records that trump yours. One fan from just under down under comes to mind. :)

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

Ah Yes Sean - I agree. The fan from "just under downunder" does come to mind now that you mention them :lol:

I am sure there are all sorts of crazy "records" out there and it would be great to see what they are. I recall some time ago reading or hearing of someone who did 22 shows straight!

Alas, some of the best, quirkiest and phenomenal records could even be held by non members of forums such as this. :o
Cheers

Brad
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

The best I've done is 16 straight shows in London, beginning Nov 22, 2006 with the special Elton John Charity Gala, where Liam Mower was brought back from retirement to play Billy, and ending with the performance of December 5. During that time, I saw Matthew Koon's and Brad Kavanaugh's final show on December 2, and Dean McCarthy's and Jonty Bowyer's debut show on December 4. Quite the Billython. :D
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

Nice one Johnnyc. With those special occassions in the mix I can understand you doing 16 straight
Cheers

Brad
Gavroche
Small Boy

Post by Gavroche »

No record holder here. I don't count the 6 or 7 in a row when it came to "the finals" in Sydney & Melbourne.
Plus I've only done about 6 NYC shows.
22 in a row??? :shock:
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

johnnyc wrote:The best I've done is 16 straight shows in London, beginning Nov 22, 2006 with the special Elton John Charity Gala, where Liam Mower was brought back from retirement to play Billy, and ending with the performance of December 5. During that time, I saw Matthew Koon's and Brad Kavanaugh's final show on December 2, and Dean McCarthy's and Jonty Bowyer's debut show on December 4. Quite the Billython. :D
Wow!
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Return to “Non-BETM Archive”