Hello from a relatively new fan!

A place for new members to introduce themselves
skkmercury
Small Boy

Hello from a relatively new fan!

Post by skkmercury »

Hi everyone,

Very glad to discover this site. It's great fun reading everyone's comments. I have always loved the film, "Billy Elliot", so I was totally open to a suggestion from a friend in seeing BETM the last time I was in NYC. Wow, was I ever glad I did get to see it. I saw the show in early April, 2011 with Alex Ko going on as Billy. AMAZING! I've been hooked on the show ever since, but unfortunately have not gotten to see the show again as I live in Southern California. I do get to "re-live" the show often by wearing out my copy of the original London cast recording.

With the US Tour coming to Los Angeles in April/May, 2012, I'm very excited to see the show again and will be introducing the show to friends and family. We've already scored tickets for Mother's Day, and I hope to fit in at least a couple more dates!

I want to get back to NYC to see another show I'm interested in, so wish me luck I can get there in time to also see one of the remaining Broadway performances of BETM.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from a relatively new fan!

Post by porschesrule »

Welcome to the Forum, skkmercury. Hope you enjoy it here.
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

Welcome skkmercury! I too got hooked last April. 8-) Nice you scored tickets for the LA stop. Enjoy!
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

Welcome to the forum! :D

Rich
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum, skkmercury. Hope you will enjoy it here. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

skkmercury wrote:I have always loved the film, "Billy Elliot", so I was totally open to a suggestion from a friend in seeing BETM the last time I was in NYC. Wow, was I ever glad I did get to see it. I saw the show in early April, 2011 with Alex Ko going on as Billy. AMAZING! I've been hooked on the show ever since
Sounds familiar! :D I was a huge fan of the movie from the moment I saw it in the movie theater and for years after before hearing about the musical. Like you, I was hooked immediately on the show when I saw it live. But for me, it was in London, and I live in New York. For me, a trip overseas is a much rarer event than many others here. Not from desire I promise you! =) So after seeing the London production my first time in the spring of 2007, I had to wait until October of 2008 before seeing it the second time!

Anyway, welcome to the forum and here's hoping you see the show as much as your heart and wallet will allow!!!!!!!!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Welcome aboard skkmercury!!! Enjoy the forum and the show!

maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
BILLYFAN
Debbie

Post by BILLYFAN »

Welcome to the forum, skkmercury

Return to “New Members”