Re: December 2011 - Reviews - London

Post by Yorkie »

paul30003 wrote:17th December 2011 - Evening

Billy – Adam
Michael – Reece
Debbie – Macy
Small Boy – Colby
Tall Boy – Ashley

It was a really enjoyable show, with the amazing master of dance, Adam. He performed his usual tight routines supported by the brilliant rest of cast.

A highlight of the show for me was seeing the new Small Boy, Colby!

I was impressed by how much of a confident little showman he was. Considering it was only his fourth show, he put on a very worthy performance that had me in fits of laughter.

Colby is a very animated character and seems to have fallen into the role with ease; he delivers his lines with great timing and clarity.

I think Colby could go far as an actor as he seems so comfortable on stage.

Cheers

Paul
I agree Paul - I was particularly entertained by his unusual acting at the start of the boxing scene :lol:
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

When you get to a certain age, like mine, you are not really looking to receive Christmas presents either from family or friends, so the best presents for me have been those I purchased myself and they were tickets to three shows at the Victoria Palace theatre this week and what shows they were. Unfortunately, I did not get to see Kaine perform, but the shows from Josh, Ryan and Adam were quite superb. There were one or two little mishaps along the way, but that is what live theatre is all about. I cannot praise these boys highly enough for the performances they put on and as they get that little bit older so their talent seems to grow as well.

Each one's take on Billy is somewhat different, but that never detracts from their performance. This is one of the appeals of the show. It can be a little different from the one you saw before and, for me, the show never disappoints. I have to say that Josh has taken on the role of Senior Billy with gusto and has given some very determined performances of late. His Electricity is something worth seeing and, this week, he finished the number with no less than 24 pirouettes.It was quite amazing and the ovation received was well merited.

If Josh is the jovial one then Adam is the serious one. Although Adam is smiling a little more than he used to, he plays the part with those big eyes of his wide and seems to be scared of all and sundry, but there is no doubt he acts the part very well. However, it is his dancing which is his forte. The Dream Ballet pas de deux and his balletic Electricity are just made for Adam's silky style of dancing.

The diminutive Ryan makes up for his somewhat small stature by making lots of noise during his Angry Dance, which he performs so well in time with the beat of the music and his street dancing and acrobatic style Electricity brings out the best in him for he seems to be a street-wise young man. Ryan also puts a lot into his acting as well with excellent use of facial expressions and hand movements, which add to his performance.

I have not seen much of Kaine in the last few weeks, but when I have seen him he has shown a lot of confidence, seeing as he is only just twelve, and looks to be a very good dancer.

The mishaps this week that I saw, firstly, involved Ryan, during Expressing Yourself,when the coat hanger (holding the long dress) got caught up with either the cardigan or the mic wire and resulted in there being no contest when it came to the tap shoes race, but Joe Massey, as Michael, said something like '' Come on ,let's keep this show going''. Then on Friday this same thing happened to Reece Barrett, playing Michael. Also on Friday, for some reason Adam had no boxing gloves for the Boxing scene and Shine. Presumably, they were not put into the bag.

All in all the shows I saw this week provided me with some wonderful entertainment,not only from the Billys and the Michaels, but the rest of the cast as well. They have certainly earned their two days rest, before continuing on Boxing Day.

Here's wishing all Forum members a very Merry Christmas.
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

Cheers, John for your reviews for Christmas week. I would like to wish all the members of the Forum, the Cast and the Staff at the Victoria Palace "A Very Merry Christmas"
Guys and Gals keep those reviews comming in.

Cheers Barry

P.S. My Christmas corny joke - Murphy went down to the police station for a look around, he asks "who are all these pictures of?" The constable says "these are the pictures of, all those people we need to catch". Murphy was confused, He asked "why on earth didn't you arrest them, when you took their photos".

Return to “Reviews - London”