Group Profiles of the Best Fans of Billy Elliot The Musical

accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Group Profiles of the Best Fans of Billy Elliot The Musical

Post by accessmenj »

Billy Elliot The Musical has something for everyone and can be appreciated by all. But there are certain groups that enjoy and are inspired more than others by this play with music. By recognizing these groups, we can make an extra effort to introduce these people to BETM, knowing that they are more likely than most to experience the life changing inspiration. Also, the promoters of the show can target these groups with the most success.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Re: Group Profiles of the Best Fans of Billy Elliot The Musical

Post by accessmenj »

First, the group most inspired and entertained by Billy Elliot The Musical are Teachers, Retired Teachers and Mentors of Children. Everyone who has ever been choked up when observing the accomplishment of one of their students will surely feel the lump in their throat when attending this show. If you have ever had a student who beat the odds to succeed, you will understand Mrs.Wilkinson. If you ever had a student thank you, then Billy's "I could never have done it without you, Ms." will remind you of the satisfaction of helping children. Good teachers will want to attend the show multiple times.
madashell
Small Boy

Post by madashell »

When the tour gets to Baltimore, I think that I am going to offer to take my former teacher to see Billy Elliot. Her interest in me made a difference.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

madashell wrote:When the tour gets to Baltimore, I think that I am going to offer to take my former teacher to see Billy Elliot. Her interest in me made a difference.
What a wonderful gesture that would be. I hope you do it.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

The promotions that make Billy Elliot The Musical seem like nothing more than a recital do not appeal to teachers. But if promotions pointed out that the show is an inspiring story of how teachers can make a difference in the lives of children and change the mistaken values of parents, then teachers would be interested. They probably would think that it is a fairy tale due to their real-life experience but they would want to check it out. The show should aim its promotions at teachers.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The Broadway show tried to bring in school groups, which in a way was an appeal to teachers. But unfortunately I think teachers shied away from bringing their students because of the language. I think that without the worry about the responsibility of taking a school group, many teachers would really relate to the show. I know that I certainly do. But on the other hand, I have to say that I saw the show in Charlotte with friends who were all teachers, and while they enjoyed it, I don't think it touched any of them the way it touched, and continues to touch, me.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Yorkie
Miner

Post by Yorkie »

I don't think school teachers should be touching Billy ;)

I'll get my coat shall I!
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, that would be a good idea. :roll: And start the car while you're at it. Sorry, but that is not funny.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Yorkie
Miner

Post by Yorkie »

ERinVA wrote:Yes, that would be a good idea. :roll: And start the car while you're at it. Sorry, but that is not funny.
Well, obviously not to everybody Ellen and I can't say that teachers are renowned for their sense of humour.
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

I can't think of anything that would take the fun out of enjoying Billy Elliot The Musical more than a teacher having to take an entire class and be responsible for them. It's much better if the teacher were to take a select few that would appreciate and enjoy the show.
In this world where a teacher should never be alone with one student away from school, a promotion of "Buy two tickets, get two free" would be perfect for teachers. They could take students, family, friends or other teachers. And, of course, that would result in more people spreading the word about how Billy Elliot The Musical is a must-see show.

Return to “Archive”