"The Price is Right"

For UK, Aus and US media
cws8998
Ballet Girl

"The Price is Right"

Post by cws8998 »

I know I must be light years behind times, and this may have been mentioned on the Forum about that long ago, but I was floored while recuperating from surgery this morning, watching TV at home, only to be shocked by the "Showcase Showdown" of the "Price is Right" being presented with dancing segments from "BE the Musical" featuring both Griffin Birney and Daniel Russell, [two of my all time favorites], and their dialogue and presentations of each prize in the showcase, includiing a trip to London and tickets to see the show.

I thought, my god, what an absolutely spectacular advertisement for our musical. Drew Carey lauded the stage show during the segment, music from the musical was played throughout, and the kids performed with such enthusiasm and class, one couldn't help but put the show on their "must see" list.

I'm trusting this was seen in other parts of the country, albeit, as far as I know, this was the first time for viewing in the Midwest. So spectacular was the segment presentation, I just wish the nation could see it again and again. What a bill of sale. They certainly convinced me to see BE again...for what, the hundredth time? Can't wait!

Anyway, it's the best advertisement I have ever seen for the show and kudos to CBS for such a magnificent presentation and complement to our favorite show.
gpcolo
George

Re: "The Price is Right"

Post by gpcolo »

Only a year behind but I'm glad you reminded me how fun it was to watch. It was done during the first national tour during the stop in San Francisco in the summer of 2011. Here is the video link again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5rCh95ShtM
Sinatra
Miner

Post by Sinatra »

Did she end up winning? Give me that showcase!
"You have a life. Use it well."

Here's my expansive and illustrious Billy Elliot track-record:
Madison, WI (first-time): Noah Parets
Milwaukee, WI: Ben Cook

London: Elliott Hanna, Bradley Perret
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Another forum member PMd me to tell me about the re-airing which he caught by accident. Very funny, and so great that they'll re-air that kind of thing again and again I bet! Either way, we have it saved. =)

Return to “Multimedia & Gallery”