November 2012 Reviews London

Reviews of the show
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Re: November 2012 Reviews London

Post by patc »

Thursday Matinee 15th November

Harrison/Jack/Dayna/Sonny/Ashley

Just a few thoughts from today's superb Harrison-led show.

The highlight of the matinee was the amazingly brilliant Electricity by Harrison. I can’t really explain what was different about it but the overall result was that he has moved it up a notch or two and if he ever returns to football I’m convinced that he will be fully capable of producing some “Ibrahimovic” specials. His wall flip is out of this world or perhaps I should say that the wall flip approach is. Following the usual quick glance at the MD he sets off and then does an amazing piston-like feet adjustment which is just a blur to the human eye followed by a very short run-up and then UP and OVER he goes. Makes you wish there was action replay and slow-mo.

Harrison and Jack were in the throes of a great Expressing when it had to be stopped, on this occasion when the retreating side sets failed to retreat fully. It must have very difficult to pick up the momentum when order was eventually restored and the curtain rose but both boys went at it hammer and tongs.

David Bardsley came on to play Dad after the interval.

The new Ensemble members seem to be settling in well. I’ll have to buy another programme to find out who is who.There are one or two very small changes to the show but I’ll leave it to everyone to spot them themselves.

The new Ballet Girls have joined forces with a few of the girls remaining on in the show after the cast change and, as you would expect, they have slotted in as if they’ve been around for years. Add Dayna to that lot and you’ve got fun with a capital F.

At the commencement of the RBS audition scene it was Barnaby who did the walk off left looking back at Billy and I thought to myself, “Is Barnaby actually going to play the Ballet Dancer/Dad comedy scene?” He just fooled us all though :D . It was James who came out.

Looking at the cast list in situ from Monday it is great to see there those solid unsung heroes who have been a part of the scene for such a long time, Spencer Cartwright, Craig Armstrong and Mike Scott. The show would not be the same without them. On the evening that Phil Snowden left he told me that Mike Scott was “ last man standing” from the originals.

Everlasting thanks to everyone for yet another exciting and absorbing show.

Pat
Westletonion
Miner

Post by Westletonion »

I hadn't been able to get to the VPT for a while due to other commitments but was delighted to see Harrison's name on the board yesterday as he is my least seen Billy. His Angry Dance was little short of sensational and he had great presence of mind when, in the middle of Express (with Jack), they were stopped in mid flight due to 'technical problems' with the set. A wonderful performance Harrison and thank you very much. Nice for so many of us to be able to pass on our thanks afterwards.

I liked the new Tony, and his take on the role; the new ensemble members and ballet girls - all seem to have established themselves very well already. Minor changes in the second half - some of which seem to me to be rather unnecessary.

Thanks to the whole cast for a wonderful afternoon's entertainment.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

patc wrote:At the commencement of the RBS audition scene it was Barnaby who did the walk off left looking back at Billy and I thought to myself, “Is Barnaby actually going to play the Ballet Dancer/Dad comedy scene?” He just fooled us all though :D . It was James who came out.
It was the same on Monday - and I wondered exactly the same thing :D
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “Reviews - London”