London Production Rumours

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: London Production Rumours

Post by ERinVA »

The London show is booking to December. But this is what they usually do. They release blocks of tickets for a certain booking period, and then later they release another block for another booking period. I am willing to bet that he is going by the fact that the current booking period goes to December, and I would not assume that means the show will close. It has never meant that before.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

ERinVA wrote:The London show is booking to December. But this is what they usually do. They release blocks of tickets for a certain booking period, and then later they release another block for another booking period. I am willing to bet that he is going by the fact that the current booking period goes to December, and I would not assume that means the show will close. It has never meant that before.
You beat me to it, Ellen.
The other thing is that it was only a matter of a couple of weeks ago that the Billy Elliot Company were announcing up and coming auditions for the parts of Billy, Michael and Debbie, so I doubt very much whether the Company would consider all the expense of training over a six month period ( or whatever it takes) if the show was going to close by the end of this year.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

I'm sure Phantom of the Opera is only booking tickets to a certain date as well. But that doesn't mean it's closing either. My hunch is that Billy Elliot in London will play on.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

To add to what I said, why would Steven Caras know what is going on with the powers that be at the London production of BETM? I realize he is internationally known for his ballet photography, but he has never been a photographer for BETM in London, to my knowledge, so that connection would seem rather tenuous, and I can't find any other official connection.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

And I imagine one of the reasons for booking only 'til December is to book as many seats between now and then as they can before opening the field to 2014.

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”