As advertised in the current issue of The Stage:

http://www.thestage.co.uk/recruitment/c ... ng_writing
'Are we human or are we dancers?' The Killers

Finish
rob_hanson1979
George

Re: Resident Director

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

With the amount of times some of you have seen the show, I'm sure many people here would qualify!

Has anyone seen Billy over 100 times????
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

There are a bunch of people who have seen it over 100 times. 8-)

I had the same thought about the candidate pool for Resident Director.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
PartiallyGeorge
Ballet Girl

Post by PartiallyGeorge »

Apparently, the announcement's disappeared from the site. Does this mean they found one or...

BTW if I were to choose, I'd opt for a MD with NO musical theatre experience, for, IMO, BETM is NOT a musical - it's a drama with elements of musical in it. And as a drama it requires a completely different approach to acting, improvisations, teaching - since we've got a bunch of kids on the cast - i.e. the things 'normal' musicals can happily live without.
Je suis Charlie.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I think you mean RD. An MD (Musical Director) definitely must have musical experience, or the show would be in big trouble. :D
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
PartiallyGeorge
Ballet Girl

OMG, of course I mean RD!!! Sorry about that...
Je suis Charlie.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

PartiallyGeorge wrote:Apparently, the announcement's disappeared from the site. Does this mean they found one or...

BTW if I were to choose, I'd opt for a MD with NO musical theatre experience, for, IMO, BETM is NOT a musical - it's a drama with elements of musical in it. And as a drama it requires a completely different approach to acting, improvisations, teaching - since we've got a bunch of kids on the cast - i.e. the things 'normal' musicals can happily live without.
I would presume that a fortnight is ample time to solicit CVs......................in the 'biz' the world is small and I am sure those interested would have been quick to register their interest.

I thought that Milly is the RD (according to the Olivier Awards Youtube video)!!!
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

PartiallyGeorge wrote:
BTW if I were to choose, I'd opt for a MD with NO musical theatre experience, for, IMO, BETM is NOT a musical
Well, IDK, I guess that sounds AOK to me. But personally, I'd suggest the CEO of the RBS due to all the dancing in BETM ! ;)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Okay, folks, let's get back to regular English, shall we, instead of overdoing it on the textspeak? 8-) This forum is not a smartphone application, after all. It will allow you to post real words, and you don't have to limit yourself to 140 characters. :D
Ellen

PartiallyGeorge
Ballet Girl

kport wrote:
PartiallyGeorge wrote:Apparently, the announcement's disappeared from the site. Does this mean they found one or...

I would presume that a fortnight is ample time to solicit CVs......................in the 'biz' the world is small and I am sure those interested would have been quick to register their interest.

I thought that Milly is the RD (according to the Olivier Awards Youtube video)!!!
Millie as RD - I bet it'd be great - but only if she's able to combine it with Debbie's chores.
Je suis Charlie.

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - London”